Part 27 - Writers Block

Part 27 - Writers Block - ©2018CarolynAnnAish 

I've always felt, whenever I go through something I didn't  —don't like —it's for a reason. Most of all, the reason for these problems we face and 'get through' is to draw us closer to God, and in turn, as we 'recover', to encourage and help others... 

Such as the time I put on a lot of weight after child-birth when I was 29 years old. I had previously (inwardly) not understood why people put on weight and found it hard to lose it. The phrases we hear are  —"look at her" and, "how could she?", and "it will never happen to me"... oooops... not a good thing to say or even think, especially not, "it will never happen to me", because this is inviting this very thing to happen to me...

I don't want to make this as long as other posts here, but many things have happened to me that I never believed would; such as; my cluttered home, and no matter how much 'stuff' I've inherited, it is still MY problem. Now, about writers block - yes, this is MY problem right now and it has been for some time now...

Losing weight takes time - you have to eat much less and exercise much more. Will power. Prayer.

Declutting the house - takes time, effort and determination. Prayer.

Writers block - it will take time, effort, and a lot of prayer. My unfinished works / books are many and because I already have them written and finished in my mind, it will take determination and time to leave other things to finish the books. Also to write the many book ideas into stories, even short ones - I so want to do this and had banned myself from beginning new ones so that I can finish the old. Now, I believe to begin and finish even a short 'new' one, would break this block... to write some new things means I AM producing something and not stressing because I'm currently blocked from 'finishing' some. 

To have made a 'rule' that I must finish the ones started has blocked me from my creativity.

Writers block is very common. 

I've googled about it, and find reading about others writers blocks depressing, so I want to work out my own way, with God, to 'recover' from this 'scourge'.

https://nicolebianchi.com/5-famous-authors-strategies-conquering-writers-block/

http://mentalfloss.com/article/65031/10-cases-extreme-writers-block 

Having acknowledged I have this affliction, I believe, is part of conquering it. And conquer it, I will, with God's help.

Most authors who have suffered and still suffer writer's block, the biggest problem is all the DISTRACTIONS. These I will work on and see if I can't focus more on each of the necessary things in my life like declutting; gardening; hospitality, etc; and still MAKE - allocate - time to write. I've been afraid to start writing first thing in the morning (after my time with God and the Word) - but, after breakfast, one thing I will do, is WRITE something new and if I write all day, I write all day. I haven't done this for a long time - can't remember when... I've kept putting writing off because of the many other things that demand attention...

Yes, my priority in the morning is to read Scripture; prayer and share. This must never be superceded - and I will pray more that this writer's block will be a thing of the past. 

My advice for myself and others:  Work on your distractions. Don't plan too far ahead. Be happy with those things you DO achieve. 

Encouraging verse:

Encouraging verse:

My Mantra for conquering writer's block:

UPDATE: Over two years on and just coming out of lock-down in New Zealand (still at 'stage 1' but our country is doing really well and continuing to take care etc

UPDATE: Over two years on and just coming out of lock-down in New Zealand (still at 'stage 1' but our country is doing really well and continuing to take care etc... I'm breaking my writer's block and previous misconceptions by writing short stories. There are a number of great short story challenges / contests here on Wattpad and working on new short works has taken me out of my comfort zone, given me deadlines to work to and actually achieving FINISHING something that has helped me greatly. PtL!