Part 13 - Snack Food

Part 13 - Snack Food - ©2018CarolynAnnAish

Jesus claims to be 'The Word', and that The Word is forever settled in Heaven. (Matthew 24:35 - also - Psalm 119:89)

Jesus also says He is the Bread of Life, (John 6:35) and 'the living bread which came down form Heaven' (John 6:51). Also, that He can give us 'living water' (John 4:10) — that with Him we will never thirst or go hungry. Indeed, I am nourished and invigorated as I snack, (spiritually) throughout the day.

There is no 'junk food' in the Bible - God's Word.

We don't just eat material food ONCE a day, we have more than one meal, and/or we SNACK throughout the day. To me, a spiritual snack is a verse or two at any time; Psalms, Proverbs, Ephesians, are great places to find these 'snacks', but they are EVERYWHERE in the Bible, God's Word. SNACKS don't replace main meals and I find in my life that two main, or larger meals are enough. A third main meal means I put on weight.

In the spiritual life, we need also to be giving out what we take in or we can stagnate (in the physical, we become constipated.)

So, it's a good idea to 'spiritually snack' throughout a day, - share with others - talk with God - and this will keep us 'on track', spiritually.

A great spiritual snack is the inspiring, amazing verse from Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11 - from the NKJV: 'For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,' says the LORD, 'thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.'

God is not negative about us! His thoughts are of peace and for us to have positive thoughts of good and not evil, to forgive the past and have strength and faith for TODAY, with bright hope for the future.

Jesus came to give us LIFE more abundant — joyful, full and overflowing with blessings, happiness — even in the trial, YES, in EVERY trial, with God and looking to Him, there is JOY. Often, we can find it hard to know the JOY, particularly when going through trials which come in all kinds of shape, form, and people.

As for me, I'm choosing to live in the NOW and enjoy my life, for there IS a future and a hope with an amazing FRIEND who wants to share each day, 24 hours, with me.

How about You? God is there for you too, 24/7.