Part 35 - About 'B'

I've decided to work through the alphabet to fill in letters of the alphabet that I've missed and 'B' is next.  'A' was done in Part 3. 'C' was in part 1.

'B' is for Beautiful, Bountiful, and Best... on the negative side, there seem to be many more B's as in: Bad, Brute, Bellow, and Bite, while there are others to stimulate the imagination, like: 

Bottle (as in message in a bottle, brought in by the waves to the sea-shore).

The positive and the negative work together for an exciting story as in: 'Beauty and the Beast' — I'm working on a novelette on this theme, titled "Harmony and Heartless"... (perhaps I should have listed this under the last part about 'H', but here it is now).

My mother was given one 'first name' and this was 'Betty'. A very pretty girl with brown hair and blue eyes, she was 'pet-named' — "Blue-eyed Betty". The positive things I remember about her are her skills at house-keeping, such cleanliness and order; nothing could be out of place or left not washed or wiped or polished. Even when she was old, she cleaned the insides of the windows and sills as well as all surfaces, every day. She cooked wonderful, healthy meals and knitted warm jackets and jerseys for her five children, often going without herself and patching her own clothes to save the expense of buying newer ones.

B, therefore is a tribute to 'Betty'.

God uses any negatives in our upbringing and past to bring praise to Him for the freedom we have in our lives as adults to 'do as we choose and want'; or better, to choose to do as God wants us to do, and to strive to achieve the honour of pleasing our Heavenly Father first of all; serving Him in the ways He wants us to; bringing praise and worship to Him.

Poem:

Be bold, be true to the Lord! Give Him your all; stand tall; answer His call — to serve.

God gives bountifully what is best for us, He gives grace and mercy — not what we deserve,

But supplies ALL of our needs, and grants our desires according to His will;

So let us serve Him, honour Him, give glory to Him; and take time, often, with Him: 

Just to be still.       ©2018CarolynAnnAish

A very positive and encouraging 'exercise' — take time to write or key in, as many positive words that go after the word: BE: beginning with 'Be KIND' and continue ... like BE loving; BE nice; BE encouraging, BE Brave... etc...

I would LOVE it if you would share your findings and the BE's you record — in a comment here

God bless you all and cause you to BE closer to Him.

Psalms 46:10 - "BE still and know that I am God, I will BE exalted among the Nations, I will BE exalted in the earth!"