The Kamatayana.

The Kamatayana is a vengeful and angry spirit found across the globe. It is female, usually with long hair and a long skirt.

It is most commonly known for affecting the dreams of individuals, usually aiming to either take over their body or consume them. They are attracted to where a haunt or death by another demon has already taken place, and are linked to the item that linked the previous victim with the previous demon.

They cannot cause harm while the victim is conscious, but will continue to haunt their dreams, relentlessly pursuing and tormenting the victim until they are ready to either take their life or body.

The Kamatayana is also known for destroying a demon once haunting a place and taking over. They can be called easily and unwittingly by a Ouija board, and once they are attached it is very difficult to persuade them to leave, even by force.

The most common way to dispell a Kamatayana is to destroy the object it is linked to, and to tell it by name that is is not welcome. A priest may be required to expel the demon. A blessing form a priest will ensure that it cannot return. However, discovering the name of the demon is an incredibly risky and dangerous task that involves the victim conversing with the demon in their dream. 

This can lead to many possible outcomes; the most common being the death of the individual.

The Kamatayana must not be looked at in the face, especially the eyes as it gives it the power to take over a body. It cannot touch a human skin to skin but can cause physical damage if it wishes. However, it much prefers to mentally torment the victim, appearing in visions and out of the corner of the victim's eye while conscious. Although it cannot do any harm at all while conscious, directly looking into the eyes will give it enough power to take over once the victim once again falls into its nightmare trap.