23.

Cold.

Jimin couldn't open his eyes.

It was so cold.

He couldn't move, but it wasn't because he was tied down. He felt stiff. And cold. So, so cold.

His chest was tight, and he couldn't breathe, but he didn't feel panic at all. In fact, apart from the cold, he felt fairly calm. His body was stiff and the cold was biting at him like a thousand tiny creatures. He couldn't breathe or open his eyes, but he was calm.

The demon was gone; that, he was sure of. He couldn't feel it any more and he wasn't stuck inside his own head, watching it or seeing the visions that it forced upon him. He wasn't trapped inside his room with scratches at the door and hot breath on his face. He was just lying in the cold, dark somewhere, and he was fine with that.

There would be no more living nightmares and terrors that awoke him in the night. He didn't need to be worried about sleeping or being in his own bedroom. 

He would happily lie in the cold dark forever, even if it meant that he wasn't plagued by the evil demon that had destroyed his life.

***

"Jimin," Jungkook sobbed as Yoongi untied him from the chair and Namjoon lifted him, laying him gently on the floor.

"Move," Yoongi demanded, shoving the younger man out of the way as he rolled his sleeves up. He knelt down next to Jimin and leaned over him, hovering his head over his mouth and looking down his body.

"He's not breathing," He muttered, sitting up and feeling for a pulse, "His heart has stopped,"

"Help him!" Namjoon cried, "Please!"

"Shut up," Yoongi snapped, shuffling so he was in a better position, "I've been doing nothing but helping him for the past few days," He placed his hands on Jimin's chest and knelt upright before jerking his shoulders and pushing down over his heart, "Someone call an ambulance,"

Hoseok immediately reached for his phone and made a call as Yoongi switched his position, placing his lips over Jimin's and pinching on his nose before forcing air into his lungs. He repeated this before moving back and pushing his hands over his chest again.

"They're on their way," Hoseok said, gently pulling Namjoon and Jungkook backwards, "Give them some space boys, he needs air,"

***

Suddenly, Jimin felt uncomfortable. He had been lying quietly, feeling nothing but the constant bite of the cold, and he was happy with that until something began to feel wrong.

A strong pressure grew in his chest, before it began to pound down on him so hard that he could feel his ribs beginning to crack and buckle under the weight. It continued, and he couldn't even moan in pain as there was no air in his lungs to push out. There was a sudden break in the pressure and his entire body arched up as the missing air was forced into him, making his sore chest swell. The air quickly rushed back out again, but was replaced again and again until the hammering pressure was back on his chest.

He tried to move away, to struggle against the pain and insistent and urgent pressures on him, but he couldn't move or even cry out. He began to panic, his eyes rolling around behind his eyelids, but he could do nothing but accept the pain along with the cold that was now ravaging his body.

***

Yoongi continued trying to revive Jimin even as the paramedics came into the garden. Hoseok answered their questions as one of the medics took over for him, and he collapsed backwards, exhausted.

A moment later, Jimin's shirt was being ripped open and two paddles were pressed against his chest.

He could vaguely hear the paramedic speaking before there was a beeping sound and Jimin's body arched up off the ground just enough for him to understand that they were shooting electricity into his heart in an attempt to bring the life back into him.

***

Jimin felt sharp, hot pain shoot through his body. He tried to scream from the pure agony but could do nothing as his back arched and he was pushed up off of the cold, hard floor. He felt trapped again, and could feel the tears rushing down his face, a huge contrast to the cold around him.

He felt wrong when the pain stopped, as if something was missing from his body. There was no pain, and he was grateful for that, but something was nagging in his mind, telling him that the pain was needed. He needed to feel that pain, so that whatever was missing could return.

Suddenly, the pain shot through him again, forcing him to arch up, but this time, he managed to gasp out air and a jolt in his chest made his eyes snap open.

He could see nothing but darkness, but suddenly, he could move. The stiffness was gone, and he could breathe. He could feel his heart, previously silent, hammering powerfully in his chest. He relaxed back down onto the cold floor, his eyes closing from the exhaustion. He just wanted to sleep.

***

"He's back," One of the paramedics said, moving back a little, "But he's not out of the woods yet,"

"Thank God," Jungkook moaned, rubbing at his sore eyes, "He's alive, thank God,"

Yoongi let out a breath of relief as the paramedics carefully loaded Jimin onto a stretcher to take him to the ambulance.

"We'll follow you there," He said, getting to his feet, "Come on guys, let's go,"

---

AN: This book is almost done, yay! Thanks for the support guys!