15~abused

Varian returned home, covered in cuts and bruises, bleeding slightly.
"(y/n) i-I'm home"

(y/n) gasped and ran over to him, wrapping her arms around his body.

"MY POOR LITTLE THING!! WHAT HAPPENED?"

apparently, Varian was attacked. since the snow storm, he was accused of "attacking" the princess and has been treated badly every time he steps foot into Corona.

"Varian please don't go there...i don't want them to hurt you" she said, placing a light kiss on his cheek.

"i have to, (y/n). I'm sorry but i do"
(y/n) sighed. "just protect yourself. please."

(y/n) and Varian cuddled by the fireplace while (y/n) patted Varians back, rubbing his wounds.

she was so worried about Varian. he was getting badly abused and beat up every time he went there. she insisted on going in with him next time to protect him, but he wouldn't allow it.

//time skip//

(y/n) sat on the sofa snuggling Rudiger, waiting for Varian to return home from Corona.
hours had past. he had left in the morning and it was now night.

she began getting worried. she kissed Rudiger's forehead and put on her coat.
"I'm gonna go find Varian".

(y/n) stepped into Corona and instantly got glares and whispers.
"isn't that the girlfriend of that kid who attacked the princess?"
"that girl is just as disgusting as her boyfriend"
"i cant believe she could date such a criminal"

(y/n) scoffed at the last comment. Varian wasn't a criminal. he was many things but evil was not one of them.

a woman approached her.
"is that Varian kid your boyfriend"
(y/n) was confused as to why she asked.

"yes? but-"
"you should go to the alleyway over there" she said, pointing to it.

she thanked him and ran to the alleyway.
"Varian? Babe are you here?"

(y/n) didn't get a response but saw the dark silhouette of a boy lying on the floor.

she could make out his messy hair and signature blue streak...it was Varian.

"VARIAN!!"

she ran over to his body and looked down but stepped in something wet. she had stepped in blood. the blood of Varian.

she gasped in horror when she saw the knife stabbed through his chest and the multiple cuts on his arms and face.

"...Varian?"
no response.

she got on her knees, eyes widened in horror as she held his motionless body in her arms.

"Varian...please...say something". tears were rolling down her cheeks and dripping down onto Varians face.

she never imagined seeing Varian like this. face pale. blood dripping. goggles cracked and clothes tattered.

she pressed her head onto his chest.
no pulse.

she stared down at his lifeless body. "Varian."
she shook her head.
"no. no Varian please no. PLEASE SAY SOMETHING I LOVE YOU."

she was full on crying now.
her sobs and cries echoed through the alleyway and into the streets.

"Varian...no..."
she hugged his body and kissed his pale cheek.

(y/n) thought about that morning

"i love you (y/n)! see you later!"
"no Varian please! don't go...what if they hurt you? what will i do without you?"
*hugs (y/n)*
"don't worry (y/n). nothing will happen. i promise. i'll never leave you alone."
*hugs back*
"i love you Varian."
*kisses (y/n)*
"i love you too, bye!"

she could've stopped him. she could've prevented this. he could've still been alive.

HEHE THAT ENOUGH ANGST FOR YA? HAHA SORRYYYY