Chapter 8: Ground Rules

I woke up and felt something moving around me. My eyes shot open in fright and I saw Jake giving me an apologetic look.

“Sorry, my arm fell asleep,” he grinned sheepishly.

I grinned right back. It felt good to have him smile at me again.

“S’okay,” I said, sitting up slowly and stretching.

Jake shook his arm out while I stretched, and I purposefully reached my arm out and hit his.

“Ow! That arm was asleep!”

“My bad,” I said, shrugging it off while I smirked. I knew how much it hurt when your leg or arm fell asleep and someone touched it. It stung. But for me it always hurt so much that it’d make me laugh. I don’t know why, sometimes I just laugh when I’m in pain.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

“You sound so sorry,” he said sarcastically, sitting up.

“Yup.” I pulled the comforter back and the cold air hit my legs and goose bumps immediately appeared.

“It’s freezing!” I said, rubbing my bare legs.

“Stop wearing cow shorts and maybe you’ll warm up a bit. Or if you want, I have a way to warm you up real quick,” he smiled cheekily.

I hit his arm again, “Stop being gross.”

“Oh come on,” he said, putting a hand on my shoulder and pushing me back down on my back.

He sat on me before I could say anything.

“Why must you always sit on me?” I glared, folding my arms across my chest.

“Because it’s comfortable,” he said, putting his hands on my waist.

“I swear to God if you tickle me again you are so in trouble,” I warned, feeling my heart start to pound.

“How would I be in trouble? You can’t even get me off you!” he said laughing. I should be the one laughing, after all he was quite a sight. His brown hair was flat in some places while it stood straight out in others, and now he was sitting on me head thrown back while he tried, and failed, to laugh maniacally.

“Dude, you could never be an evil scientist, your laugh sucks,” I commented, smirking.

“I’d like to see you try,” he said, poking me in the stomach. My whole body jerked upwards and I squealed.

Jake snorted with laughter, “What was that?”

I didn’t answer, instead I took advantage of this rare oppurtunity.

I rolled over, pushing him so that now he was under me and I was sitting on him.

“HA!” I shouted triumphantly.

He stopped laughing, and at first he looked shocked, then angry, then he settled on relaxed as he settled his head on his pillow.

“Mmmm, now I see why you wanted me under you. Definetely much more comfortable than me sitting on you,” he said, putting his hands on my thighs.

“Agreed, that way I don’t have your fat ass crushing me,” I said, putting my hands on top of his.

He smiled lazily, “You liked it.”

“Nah, I like this better.” I said, tapping his bare stomach with my forefinger.

“Ooh, I like a woman who’s more dominant,” he said.

“Like you would know, you’re still a virgin remember?” I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t see your point,” he said, pouting.