Chapter 9: Whoosh

Ivy P.O.V

I ran down the stairs after my shower, feeling absolutely starved. Running into the kitchen, I crashed right into Jake, who stumbled sideways.

“Someone’s excited,” he remarked.

“I’m not excited, I’m hungry,” I said, pushing past him to the fridge.

“Aww, I thought you were excited to see me,” he teased.

I paused in my search through the fridge to look at him. “I’m more excited about the food, to be honest."

“You’re so mean to me,” he said, pretending to be hurt as he sat on a stool at the breakfast bar.

I shrugged. “You’ll live.”

He rolled his eyes at me. “So, are you busy today?” he asked, leaning his arms on the counter as he watched me make breakfast.

“Yup,” I replied, finally settling on toast and dropped one into the toaster.

“Really?” he asked, sounding surprised.

“Uh, duh. We’re watching Disney movies all day remember?” I teased, standing on the opposite side of the counter and leaning forward so I could flick his nose.

He blinked. “I thought you were kidding.”

“I never kid around when it comes to Disney movies.”

“Wow, you’re actually serious,” he said, giving me a shocked look.

“Like I said, I don’t kid around when it comes to Disney movies,” I said, grabbing my toast from the toaster. I buttered it quickly before taking a huge bite.

“Pig,” Jake sniggered.

“That’s Mr. Pig to you.” I said, making a face at him.

“Um… is there something you forgot to mention?” Jake asked, his green eyes widening.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, taking another bite.

“You said, ‘Mr. Pig.’” 

“Trust me, when we watch Lion King, you’ll get it.”

“So you’re not actually a guy?” Jake teased.

I stared at him. “I’m not even going to bother."

“Girls,” he sighed.

I glared. “What do you mean ‘girls’?”

“Before you were all sweet and sexy and now…” he trailed off when he saw my expression.

“It's so important to your future that you not finish that sentence.”

He grinned sheepishly.

“That line was from Jurassic Park two. Which if you even begin to comment on my attitude, you will end up watching. And the first one and the third one.” I took a bite of my toast. “And if I’m in a good mood then I won’t make you watch the thirteen or so Land Before Time movies I have.”

He pouted. “But I actually liked Land Before Time, even though Little Foot and all of them never ever grow up.”

I blinked in surprise. “You watched Land Before Time?”

“Every single one,” he said, somewhat proudly I might add.

“Wow,” I said, “Well, you learn something new everyday.”

“Yup.”

I dumped my dirty dishes in the sink, before clapping my hands together and giving Jake a wide grin.