Chapter 25: Horror Date

“Sorry Ivy, but dance is cancelled tonight. I moved the dance class to tomorrow night since I’ve got a doctor’s appointment, okay?” Anthony said apologetically.

I shrugged as I twirled my hair around my finger, “It’s no problem,” I said into my cell, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Bye,” he said before he hung up.

I stuffed my phone in my pocket and leaned forward, sticking my head between the two front seats of Jake’s car.

“Change of plans boys, no dance tonight,” I announced.

Tyler and Jake cheered as we he pulled out of the school parking lot and turned towards home.

“So what are we doing?” I asked curiously, leaning my head on the back of Tyler’s chair so my head was right next to his.

“Well we were going to—” Tyler cut off when his phone rang. He looked at the number, grinned and held it up to his ear before I could even see who was calling, “Hey!” he said, sounding super happy.

“Tonight? Yeah I can come over,” he said after a moment, “Of course! I’ll be over in less than an hour! Bye!”

Jake and I exchanged a glance. Jolene?

“Sorry guys, it seems like I’m busy tonight,” Tyler said happily, getting a big goofy grin on his face.

I gave him a weird look, “Where are you going?”

“To a friend’s house,” he said casually, putting his phone away.

“Uh-huh,” I said doubtfully, “Does this friend happen to be a girl?”

“Maybe.”

“Alright bro, spill. Who are you so in love with?” I demanded.

He shook his head furiously, blonde hair shaking everywhere, “Nuh-uh. I’m not saying a word.”

“But why not?” I whined.

“Yeah dude, come on. You’re ditching us and we deserve answers!” Jake added, pouting.

“Pout all you want you two it doesn’t work on me. Mainly because Ivy you’re my sister and that’s weird and Jake you’re my friend and that’s also weird,” he said, folding his arms over his chest, “I’m keeping this a secret. I promised.”

I groaned, “But I’m you’re sister! You’re supposed to tell me stuff!”

“And I’m you’re best friend! You’re supposed to tell me stuff too!” Jake whined.

“You’re not getting a word out of me so give it up already,” he rolled his green eyes at us.

I sighed, “Fine,” I grumbled as we turned onto our street. Jake pulled up in our driveway and once the car stopped Tyler leapt out of the car and up the porch steps.

“Jeez, someone’s excited,” I remarked as Jake and I got out more slowly, and calmly, than Tyler.

“Well he’s apparently got a hot date tonight so he’s got a good reason to be so excited,” Jake shrugged as he walked beside me up the porch steps and inside the house.

I arched an eyebrow at him, “So you’re not excited to spend tonight with me?”

He grinned, “Well if we’re dancing again then no. But if we’re doing something else then maybe.”

“You’re so mean,” I pouted as I hung up my coat, “Just admit it; you had fun dancing.”

“Maybe...but my butt wouldn’t agree. We hit the ground hard,” he chuckled as he followed me into the living room.