The Partner Revealed (Part 3)

Pairing: Jughead Jones x Reader

Description: Jughead and Y/N's relationship gets more intense but will it continue?

Warnings: Bullying

Word count: 3396

Jughead's point of view

Jughead gets up refreshed that morning. He couldn't sleep many hours, but the ones he managed to were serene, the very word Y/N used to describe Sweet Water River the previous night. He has so much to write after what he considers to be his best moment in ages! He lets his fingers work fast and his mind even faster, for he would have to move from one Twilight Zone to another – the drive-in to school – pretty soon.

He walks through the halls of Riverdale High just thinking about the latest lines of his novel, imagining several possible ways in which those pages could unfold. He's wondering what role Y/N will play in that story, looking for her face on everyone else's. Jughead is bitterly disappointed in himself because he never remembered to ask for her phone number. His mind is brought back to the present as he spots Archie standing by Jason's locker, now a memorial site. He really wants to work things out, so he tries to start a conversation with some of his usual sardonic humor, making a joke about Jason. However, it has a bad impact on his friend, and the awkward atmosphere between them continues.

Jughead walks into his Biology classroom with Principal Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller's announcement still fresh in his mind. "Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation." He wants answers just as much as they do and will stop but nothing to find them. He sits in the front, overhearing Cheryl's conversation with her minions, confirming that Jason had fallen into the water. She says like it's the most obvious thing, but Jughead doesn't buy it and takes note to share with Y/N later if or when he sees her. Just as he finishes writing his sentence, the teacher walks in. "Seats, everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." He says hurriedly, putting something on the blackboard. Walking right behind him is none other than Y/N Y/L/N. Jughead shouts he wants to be paired with Y/N before his brain even processes the thought, before anyone even has a chance to pick their partners. Archie says he wants to pair up with Cheryl, Veronica practically throws herself at Betty, leaving Kevin to work alongside with Moose, the pair who found Jason's body.

The Y/H/C girl seats on the stool next to his, drops her heavy bag on the desk, opens the zipper and takes her notebook out. "Didn't think we had any classes together.", says a kinda nervous, kinda thrilled novelist who can't help noticing she smells like white chocolate and ginger. "Just Biology, I guess. Didn't make the grade for honors.", she explains. "Here I thought pairing up with you would be a guaranteed pass.", he says playfully. "Sorry Jones, that guy with the gradebook doesn't like me." He looks at her questionably. "I refuse to make dissections. Telling him we are in the 21st century and that kind of teaching is old fashioned didn't seat so well with him.", she says rolling her eyes and taking off her jacket, revealing a biology joke on her shirt, a cell taking a selfie written cell-fie under it. "So I'm gonna have to do all the work?" He points at the frog sitting in front of them. She laughs. "I'll do the theory, you do the practice." Jughead starts dissecting their frog and she looks away, earning a reproving look from their teacher.

As Y/N makes notes on frog anatomy in Jughead's book, he observes her. She's so focused on what she's doing that lines form on her forehead, and he thinks they make her look adorable. "We should go to the Pep Rally together.", he blurts out. She looks up from the book and towards him, puzzled. "Everyone will be there. It's the best time for us to narrow down our list of suspects.", he quickly tries to fix what could've sounded like he was in any way interested in school events that involve jocks and cheerleaders running around. "Maybe that sounded like I wanted to take her out and now she thinks it's just for my novel. Well done, Jughead." He scratches his neck nervously at what she'll say. "I'll meet you under the bleachers." She writes something down on a scrap paper she hands to a now happier Jughead. "I got her number."