Realized Something

Warning(s): jealousy, cuss words, fluff

It was currently 8 p.m. and (Y/N)'s stomach was craving a burger, fries, and a milkshake from Pop's. She grabbed her phone and texted Jughead, the other foodie that she has known since end of seventh grade year, and called him to see if he wanted to meet at Pop's for food.

Her phone call went straight to voicemail and she sighed in disappointment because he always answered. In all honesty, she was desperately hoping Jughead would answer because she wanted to spend time with him.

If you couldn't tell already, (Y/N) was crushing hard on the beanie wearing boy. She has always liked him since the end of eighth grade year and tried to push it away, but once they reached high-school her feelings hit her like a truck.

The day she finally decided to tell Jughead that she had liked him was the day she unfortunately walked into the Blue and Gold room to see Betty and Jughead locking lips. Her heart was broken at the sight and she immediately walked out the room.

Fortunately, as bad as it may sound, she was happy when she heard that Betty and Jughead broke up due to Betty not telling Jughead that she kissed Archie when he had asked her.

Yes, technically the two were broken up but when they were finally close to getting back together, Betty had asked Jughead about Toni and he told her the truth and when he asked her the same she had told him no.

Jughead eventually found out by Cheryl and Archie that Betty indeed did kiss someone, someone who was Archie.

(Y/N) pulled into a parking spot at Pop's and got out the car and locked it. She walked inside to see Pop's at the front, "(Y/N)!" Pops greeted, "Hey Pops" (Y/N) smiled.

"You know the usual, take a seat and someone will be with you" Pops smiled and (Y/N) turned around to sit in the booth her and Jughead always sat at. Her smile fell when she saw Jughead was already there, but he wasn't alone.

She could see the back of someone's head who had blonde hair in a high ponytail, which meant it was Betty.

(Y/N) couldn't help but notice the smile on Jughead's face and the way he looked at Betty. She couldn't see Betty's face but she already knew Betty was most likely smiling back at Jughead.

She could hear Betty's giggles and Jughead's attempts at a couple of jokes. Seemed like the two were back together again and there was definitely no way (Y/N) could tell Jughead her feelings for him because he looked so damn happy.

(Y/N) watched as Betty started to get up and she quickly put her menu up to avoid Betty and Jughead seeing her. Betty spoke her goodbyes to Pops and the other waiters and waitresses and walked out the door.

(Y/N) sighed and put her menu down but jumped when she saw Jughead sitting in front of her. "You know, you aren't that slick. I mean come on, hiding your face behind a menu, you're definitely asking to get noticed" Jughead grinned.

"Hey Jughead" (Y/N) greeted. A waitress came over and (Y/N) placed her order and looked at Jughead for him to order, "Uh, no I'm good I already ate, thanks" Jughead told the waitress and she walked away.

It was silent for a good five minutes and the waitress came back with (Y/N)'s milkshake and food. (Y/N) sat there and twirled her straw around in her milkshake before breaking the silence, "So, you and Betty huh?".

Jughead looked up at her, "Yeah, we were talking about a few things" He answered. "Just discussing where our relationship stands" He added. (Y/N)'s breath hitched a little at the last three words of Jughead's sentence.

"Relationship? You guys are back together?" (Y/N) questioned while she ate some fries. Jughead quickly sat up, "What? No, Betty and I aren't back together and I honestly don't think we ever will. We were talking about just staying as friends" Jughead explained.

"Thank god" (Y/N) mumbled to herself, "Huh?" Jughead questioned, "Nothing" She shot back. "You okay? You look like you want to tell me something" Jughead spoke.

"I'm okay and I mean I kind of do but don't think now is the time to say something" (Y/N) tried to forget it but Jughead wasn't having it, "(Y/N), it's crystal clear that you need to get something off your chest and I'm right here so you can tell me and you're clearly upset" Jughead urged.

"That's the thing Jughead! I'm not sure if I can tell you because I don't know how the results will turn out" She argued. "Why can't you tell me what's wrong? You always have when something is up and you can't tell me now?" Jughead began to question.

"What is bothering you? Why did you think Betty and I were back together?" Jughead asked more questions.

"I don't know" (Y/N) shrugged as she picked at her fries, but Jughead knew she had an actual answer. "You do know, tell me" He spoke softly and (Y/N) sighed and looked at him, "You guys seemed close again and really happy and it seemed like you guys were back together". "No, talking to Betty about it has made her and I both realize something and thought it was for the best to just stay as friends.

"What can possibly be making you upset right now?" He asked again, "I'm upset because I'm jealous! You and Betty have always been good together and I got scared because I thought you were with her again" (Y/N) answered.

"Jealous of what?" Jughead asked, clearly confused. "Don't you get it Jughead, I like you! I've liked you for so long and I tried to tell you at the beginning of the year but I walked in on you and Betty together and I couldn't ruin anything because you looked so happy" (Y/N) explained. "I didn't say anything because I didn't want to mess up the happiness that you deserve"

Jughead was quite and (Y/N) closed her eyes shut trying not to show that her eyes were watering," This is why I didn't want to tell you" She whispered and quickly put down $7 plus tip money and she grabbed her things and walked out of Pops as fast as possible.

She placed her hand on the car door handle and before she could pull it open she felt someone tug on her hand and turn her around. As soon as she was about to say something, she felt hands on both sides of her face and lips gently pressed against hers.

(Y/N) was shocked at first but once she placed her hands on the person's face, her fingertips felt his hair and his most prized possession, his beanie, she knew it was Jughead.

She kissed him back and when he pulled away he looked at her, "Remember me saying that Betty and I realized something? We both realized that I had feelings for you, that's why she was here tonight talking to me, I needed her advice" Jughead explained.

"Why didn't you say anything after I told you how I felt?" (Y/N) asked, "Because I wanted to make sure I heard right and needed to process the fact that the girl I like actually likes me back" Jughead answered.

"I'm sorry that I didn't say anything back, like I said I was in shock. I'll make it up to you though, how about I take you out tomorrow night at eight?" Jughead grinned.

(Y/N) smiled, "I'd like that", "Good, I'll see you tomorrow at eight".