One Of Us

Warnings : Cursing, you're at a bar, hints of Sweet Pea flirting? 

The Southside of Riverdale acted as the untamed, wild West in old cowboy films. It's people were hardened and wouldn't take any kind of bullshit. It was the perfect environment for someone like you. The fast paced lifestyle of a Southside Serpent drew you into the the community of snakes and, now, you couldn't imagine your life without the infamous gang.

Within the gang, you were able to climb the ranks. It helped that you befriended most of the younger Serpents like Toni and Sweet Pea. Their support led you to FP Jones. It was FP that tutored you in how to keep the peace while remaining firm to your stubborn Serpent convictions. Under his wing, you rose to be one of the Serpents leader next to FP himself and Tall Boy. Despite the time you spent with FP, the knowledge that he had a son your age never came to pass through your mind. So when FP was arrested, and his son moved to the Southside, you couldn't help but feel a little on edge.

"I don't think I've ever seen Y/N nervous like this," Sweet Pea teased, watching as you scanned the crowd of the cafeteria for the tenth time that lunch period. Upon hearing his words, you shot him a startling glare. Once Sweet Pea got the message and backed down, Fangz laughing as his friend backed down, you looked back out into the crowd.

Your fingers pulled on the hem of your leather jacket as you looked out for FP's son. Every lesson that FP had taught you was playing in your mind on repeat. Assert your dominance, hold you ground, and above all, protect your people.

It felt odd that you were going to have to use those lessons against your mentor's son. The younger Jones was a threat to the position you had earned and the friendships you had built. You weren't going to let some boy tear all of that down.

"Hey, Y/N," you turned your head when you heard Toni's voice. Her eyes were bright, her pinkish hair flowing over her shoulders.

"There you are," you said with a soft smile, "where have you been?"

"I've been showing Jughead the ropes of Southside High," toni said, moving to the side to reveal a lanky boy. He wore a flannel underneath his jacket and a tee-shirt underneath his flannel. A strange, crown-like beanie was perched on his raven-colored hair. This was Jughead Jones, FP's only son. His blueish-green eyes locked on your gaze and you noted a pink blush that now dusted his soft cheeks.

"H-Hi," he stammered out, his mouth slightly open as he took in your form. Down to your coal colored combat boots and up to the leather jacket that adorned your shoulders, Jughead had never seen anyone more attractive than you. Every thought of the perfectly pink Betty fled from his mind and all he saw was you, dressed in all black.

"Don't worry, Jones, Y/N doesn't bite. Not too hard at least," Toni said, a teasing smile on her lips. You smirked at your friend and looked back at the boy before you. He resembled FP to an extent, but there was something about him that was all his own.

"You dad is a good man," you said, holding Jughead's gaze, "I can only hope you are too. I hope we'll find you pledging your loyalty to the Serpents soon." He seemed impressed by the air of authority you spoke with and the expression he wore made you smile a little wider. His soft features weren't threatening and you sensed he wanted no part in stealing from anything you had built for yourself. He was a Northsider afterall.

"She's normally not this smiley," Fangz pointed out, "you got her in a good mood, Newbie." Jughead glanced over at your friend and then back at you.

"He's right," you said smugly, your nervousness fading away. Jughead was no threat to you or your family of Serpents; if anything, he wanted to keep the peace as FP had done. "See ya around, Jughead Jones," you could feel his eyes on you as you picked up your bag and started to saunter out of the cafeteria.