Can't Sleep

You tossed and turned in your sleep, once you woke up in the night you were done for. You wouldn't be able to go back to sleep no matter how hard you tried.

You had slept over at Jug's again and he was peacefully sleeping next to you. You quietly got up, used the bathroom, and laid back down. You grabbed your phone and scrolled through your notifications.

You better not be at Jughead's

It was a text from your drunk father from only a few minutes ago; your stomach dropped. If he came looking for you, which he wouldn't, it would be trouble.

It still made your anxiety spike causing you to whimper. Jughead turned towards you, "Everything okay?"

You sighed, "Why do I always wake you up? And no." You showed him the text, "I should probably go."

"No. You're gonna stay here and if he comes my dad will deal with him. Okay?" Jughead was stern when he said this.

"Okay." You agreed, you wouldn't be able to sleep now. Your heart was racing.

"Hey, it's okay. Look at me. We don't have to sleep. Okay?" He grabbed one of your hands and squeezed, a sign of comfort for you.

You just nodded and relaxed. "I'll put the tv on low and we can just talk." He said, sitting up and grabbing the remote.

"Juggy?" Your voice was barely there. He looked towards you, "I love you. You're more of a family to me than my own." A tear dripped down your face.

Jughead leaned towards you and wiped the tear. "I love you more than you'll ever know, Y/N. Now no more crying." He smiled lightly.

You spend the rest of the early morning watching TV with your best friend, holding his hand. When a thought peaked in your mind, did you like Jug more than a friend?