Southside Mother, Northside Father

Word count: 1245

Y/D/N - your/dad's/name

"Hey Y/N." I heard Jug's voice from behind me and closed my locker, turning to face him. "Hi." I replied and smiled at him. Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs walked up the corridor and accompanied us. "How's the first week been guys?" I asked them. "So good. It's such a change from Southside High." Toni said. Fangs and Sweet Pea nodded in agreement.

We started to make our way out of school. I laced my fingers with Jug's as we walked to his bike. "Y/N, Jughead are you guys coming to the Wyrm tonight?" Fangs asked. I nodded and waved. "Yeah, see you guys later."

We went back to Jughead's trailer and FP was home. "How was school?" He asked from the kitchen. "Fine." Jughead replied slumping onto the sofa and pulling me down next to him. FP appeared in the door way and smiled at me. "Hey Y/N." I smiled back. "Hey FP."

I had known FP my whole life. My Mum was, and still is, a Serpent so I was brought up on the Southside with Jughead. Our relationship developed from childhood best friends to a couple by the time we were both 15. We've been pretty much inseparable our whole lives. I don't really know what the deal was with my Mother and FP but whatever it was, it was the cause for the divorce between her and my Father when I was really young. Ever since then I lived with my Mum on the Southside and saw my Dad pretty regularly.

My Dad refused to tell me the whole story because it 'wasn't his to tell'. I was past caring, especially now due to the huge argument I had with my Mum a few months ago. I thought we would get through it but she kicked me out so now I was living on the Northside with my Dad and the situation ended up meaning that I had to transfer schools.

It wasn't so bad now that Southside High got closed down, because it meant I could see Jug and the rest of my friends at school every day but the beef between me and my Mother was still bothering me.

"Y/N.. I uh- I saw your Mum today." FP spoke, cautiously. "Dad? Why are you telling her this?" Jughead asked angrily. "Jug it's okay." I put my hand on his thigh. "What happened?" I asked, instantly regretting it. I didn't want anything to do with her any more.

"She um, she came into the Wyrm around 11 this morning completely wasted screaming about your Dad taking you from her and some other crap. She was hysterical, crying and shouting." I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face. "Then what?" I asked. "She took a bottle of vodka and left. I tried to catch up to her but she was gone." I scoffed, of course she disappeared again. "Thanks for telling me." He nodded. "I'll let you know if I see her again. I'm heading out be good kids." He raised his eyebrows at us making me laugh. "Yes, sir." Jug shouted as he stepped out the trailer.

The sound of FP's bike had disappeared and Jug put his arm round my shoulders. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded and sighed. "Yeah, I thought things would be okay by now but I guess not. Everything's fine with my Dad and living on the Northside isn't so bad but I just wish I was here. I belong here, on the Southside being a Southside Serpent and all." I sighed again and leaned into Jug. "I know." He said, tracing the Serpent tattoo below my collar bone.

After a moment of silence I spoke up. "Let's go out now." He got up and followed me out of the trailer. We got on his bike and when we pulled up at the White Wyrm it was crowded outside. We made our way in and Sweet Pea and Fangs were of course playing pool while Toni sat at the bar watching.

We had only been there half an hour or so when I got a text from my Dad.

On my way to Pop's now Y/N

"Shit!" I exclaimed. "What's up?" Jughead asked. "Uh, I agreed to go to Pop's with my dad tonight and he's on his way there now." I frowned. "It's okay. Go." Jughead smiled and I jumped off the bar stool. I pecked his lips. "What if you come with me?" I asked. Jughead almost choked. "What!? And meet your Dad!?" I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh at him but I couldn't help it he was so shocked. "Y/N, this isn't funny! I haven't properly met your Dad yet. Well not since we became a couple." He whispered. "I know." I took his hand. "But I want you to."

A few minutes later, we were both leaving the White Wyrm on Jughead's bike, making our way to Pop's. Jug parked and I got off the bike. He didn't move. "Jug, he's not going to bite. I'm pretty sure he'd like to meet you." I took his hands. "He knows we've been friends forever and he knows that we've been together for way over a year now." I smiled.

He pulled off his helmet and raked his hand through his hair. Jughead sure rocked the beanie but god, he rocked the Serpent look even better.

I looked through a window at Pop's and saw my Dad sitting at a booth. "Come on, Jug he's already here." He got up and I squeezed his hand for reassurance.

We walked in and the bell on the door chimed. Pop Tate looked up from behind the counter and waved. "Hey Pop." Jug said and I smiled to him.

We walked over to the booth. "Hey Dad." He looked up and grinned. I slid in across from him and Jug sat next to me. "Dad, I hope you don't mind I brought Jughead with me." I looked at him hopefully. He held out a hand for Jughead to shake. "Great to finally meet the boy my daughter spends all her time with!" He laughed and Jughead noticeably relaxed.

"Great to meet you too Mr Y/L/N." Jughead replied shaking my Dad's hand. "Please, call me Y/D/N!" Jughead nodded.

Pop came over and took our orders and I ordered a double cheese burger, fries and a vanilla milkshake. My Dad got talking to Jug about his motorbike, about the Serpents, about school, the Blue and Gold and I couldn't help but smile. My two favourite guys getting along.

Afterwards, I told my Dad I'd be going to Jughead's and we thanked him for dinner. "Don't be a stranger young man! You're welcome any time Jughead." My Dad said before getting in his car and driving home.

Jug leaned against his bike and I stood between his legs. "That wasn't so bad was it?" I asked him. He wrapped his arms round my waist and kissed me. I kissed him back and weaved my fingers through his hair. I pulled away and smiled at him. "I guess not."