New Roomate

I look over at Scott and smile

"Well I think I should leave now" he says as he stretches "ya know gotta sleep and all"

I nod and say goodbye to Scott, closing the door quietly.

I hear the buzz of a phone so you check my phone. But it wasn't mine. I check Mikes phone and sure enough, Jeremy had texted

Jer- Hey Mike I'm getting out of hospital today so can you come pick me up please :)

(I also know that you need more time to heal in the hospital before getting let out, but screw that. JEREMY IS FINE FOR PLOT CONVENIENCE)

Me- Hey Jeremy it's Y/N, Mikes not Well but I can come and pick you up

Jer- oh is he ok

Me-yeah just a concussion, I'll tell you about it later

Jer- ok I'll be out in like 20 minuets so come soon (*'꒳'*)

Me- ok see ya soon :)

I take Jeremy's number and put it into my contacts for later.

Then I realise, who will look after Mike? I can't call one of the guys, there's no one around come. Wait, I'll call Brett.

Brett is an old friend, we've known each other for years. He had gone out of town for a bit, but I'm almost positive he was back now. Yeah, I'll call him.

Ring, Ring

"Hello?"

"Hi Brett" I say

"Oh hi Y/N how's it going?"

"Yeah yeah great look I need to ask a HUGE favour please" I ask

"Uhh yeah sure what is it" he asks

"So your in town right?" I ask

"Yeah I got here last night. Why?"

"I need you to come to this apartment and look after my friend for me while I go pick someone up"

"Oh yeah sure just send me your location and I'll be over as soon as possible"

"Thank you so much" I thank

"Yeah yeah no problem"

I hung up the phone and got all the things that Mike needed on a little table next to him. Not to long later, there was a knock at the door.

"Brett" you I relieved

I walk up and hug him.

"So where's your friend then?" He asks

I show him to Mike and tell him everything he needs to do and when to do it.

"If he wakes up the call me k?" I explain

"Yup" he says "look I got this Ok?"

"Thanks again, Brett"

I look at the time, you were meant to be at the hospital 10 minuets ago.

I race out the door with the car keys and get in the car, driving out of the car park and text Jeremy at the same time.

Me- Hey it's Y/N I'm gonna be a little late sorry

I don't bother waiting for a reply you just drive. I get to the hospital and see Jeremy outside with a small bag a cast on his leg and a pair of crutches. I find a park not to far away and run to Jeremy.

"I'm so sorry" I apologise as I hug him.

"I-it's Ok Y-Y/N" he says

We both walk to the car and hop in.

"H-Hey isn't t-this M-Mikes car?" He asks

"Yeah" I reply "I have to use his because I don't have one"

We had a conversation on the way home what's been happening, but I don't tell Jeremy about how Mike got in the state he's in. It's better that way.

We arrive home in no time and I help Jeremy with his bag and also with the stairs. I unlock the door and see that everything has actually gone alright and nothing went wrong.

I introduced Brett to Jeremy and they had a nice conversation while I checked on Mike. After a few minutes I hugged Brett and he left, to my disappointment. Jeremy limped over to Mike and sat in the chair that you put there.

"What h-happened to h-him?" He asked

"Oh, he just, uh, tripped down the stairs" man I suck at lying

"Y/n, I-I already know i-it was s-something to do w-with m-my d-d-dad" he says "y-you can t-tell me"

I sigh and tell Jeremy the story. I hug him and tell him it's not his fault. But he was determined to change my mind on that.

"It is, I-I should've j-just stayed a-at home" he says "or d-done something"

"Jeremy, we couldn't have known this was going to happen" I argue

"B-but I c-could've g-gotten it m-myself" he says

"No, your not going back there for a while"

"B-but-"

I cut him off, trying to change the subject.

"Have you had any sleep since the accident?" I asked him

He shook his head

I help him to Mikes bed and elevate his leg with pillows. I brought him a glass of water but by the time I got back, he had fallen into a deep sleep. I leave the room, turning out the light and closing the door a little.

I sit back next to Mike and pull out a blanket and pillow and slept on the floor next to him that night.

A few hours later, I awake to the horrid sound of screeching and crashing.