What Happened To Mike

Wednesday. (three days after the last chapter)

I open my eyes slowly. My vision blurs and my head throbs for an unknown reason. I sit up and hold my head as I groan. What happened? I try to stand but my legs were weak. Mike was no where to be seen. I thought he was right next to me, I heard his voice last night. When my vision finally clears and my legs feel stronger, I decide to stand and walk at least to the sofa. I walk down the hall and begin to hear voices whispering. I couldn't tell who it was, but as I rounded the corner, I saw people that I wasn't expecting to see here at this time. Vincent and Scott. They were sitting on the floor talking with Jeremy.

"Hello?" I say

"Oh my god, y/n" Scott scrambles to his feet and hugs me tightly "are you ok?"

"Yeah? why wouldn't I be?" I was so confused

"Is your head ok?" He asks frantically

"It's a bit sore, but ok" I reply "but, why are you here?"

"You and Jeremy called last night in a panic" He says " you don't remember?"

I shake my head slightly "remember what?"

Scott, Vincent and Jeremy exchange worried looks and Scott lead me to the sofa where he sat me down. They were all looking at me and I felt like I was getting in trouble for something. I look over to Jeremy, his face was red and tear stained. I wanted to say something but Scott spoke before I had the chance.

"You and Jeremy called us last night in a panic" He explained "you said he was acting crazy and threatening you"

"Really?" I was sceptical, Mike wouldn't do that. Were they just pranking me? They must be "This is a joke, right?"

They shake their heads and I look a them in disbelief.

"We came over as fast as we could" Vincent says "Jeremy was behind the couch and you were in the hallway sitting outside the bathroom, leaning against the door"

"You were mumbling incoherently and your head was bleeding slightly" Scott adds

"But wheres Mike?" I ask

"I-In the b-bathroom" Jeremy stutters "y-you locked h-him i-in after h-he pushed you i-into t-the wall"

"What!?" I stand instantly and feel myself get light headed, falling back to my sitting position "how long ago?"

"about 3 hours" Vincent looks at his watch

"well, what's wrong with him?"

They all exchange looks again. Their faces were filled with worry and concern. I just wanted to know what was going on.

"Well, I better get going" Vincent stood and walked awkwardly to the door

Scott and Jeremy were staring at him and he was sweating nervously. I could hear Scott whisper something to himself as Vincent left the house.

"I want to see him" I say sternly

"What!? No, you can't" Scott practically yells

"Why can't I!?" I argue

The room went silent and all I could hear was the beating of my heart and my fast paced breaths. I stood again, walked past Scott and up to the bathroom door. Scott followed behind me.

"If you go in, I'll have to lock you in for our safety" He says

"I know" I reply "Now let me in"

I unlock the door and open it slowly. Scott shuts and locks it behind me and I was shrouded in a room of darkness. I stand where I was for a second to let my eyes adjust and before I could take a step, I hear voices. I hear a little girl whispering, and small mumbles that sounded like Mike. I couldn't make out any words and decided to just go in.

I pull back the shower curtains with such force, they nearly came off the railings and see Mike sitting at the end of the bathtub. He looked up at me with a fearful expressing. His eyes had changed from thy regular blue, to a midnight black with a small white pupil, like Vincents. It caught me off guard and I gasp loudly.

His face soon turned from fear to anger. He glared at me with a sinister gaze and I stepped inside the bathtub, sitting on the other side opposite him.

"Hey" I whisper

He growls at me.

"Who's here with you?" I ask

He looks at me with a slight hint of surprise.

"You can hear her too?" He says quietly

"Who?"

He didn't reply for a second but after a while, looked back at me "it doesn't matter"

"Are you ok?" I ask

He shuffles uncomfortably and looks away from me. So I ask again

"Are you ok?"

Still no reply. I was bing given the cold shoulder. So, I moved forward, towards him. He didn't notice at first, but I got close to him and he glared at me again, moving back so he was pushing against the wall. I continued to move forwards and I slowly came to sitting right in front of him with our feet nearly touching.

"Don't you want to come out of here?" I question

"Yeah" He replies quietly

"Why don't you then?"

"We're not ready yet"

"We?"

"I-I mean me" He corrects himself "sorry"

He whispered that last word to himself and it was almost inaudible for me to hear. I had to get him out of here some how. But I need to know what's going on with him.

"Uh, do you want to talk about what happened last night?" I ask

"Last night?"

"Yeah, what's going on with you?"

"I don't remember" he says

I didn't believe him. Something strange was going on. It's like he was...

Oh god.

That's what he was going to say at the diner the other night. He was possessed. But how? I was so confused.

"Mike? Are you possessed?" I say slowly to avoid angering him

He didn't speak at first but he shook his head. He wasn't shaking in the way of saying no, his eyes were clenched shut and he was hugging himself as if he were in pain. He stopped shaking and looked at me as his eyes began to flicker. They changed from black to blue over and over until they finally settled on blue and he let out a sigh.

"Mike?" I had to be sure it was him

"y-y/n?" his voice was shaking slightly.

He moved forward and hugged me, nuzzling his face in my shoulder.

"I-I'm so sorry" He says

"I'm sorry too" I reply

He lets go of me and I stand. I help him up and we walk to the door without speaking. I knock on the door a few times.

"Scott, can you open the door?" I yell

The door unlocks and opens. Scott steps aside for Mike and I to walk out. Scott didn't talk to any of us as he walked to get his stuff. He only spoke when he left,, he said goodbye before closing the door behind him.

"Mike! A-Are you o-ok?" Jeremy stammered

"yeah, all good bud" He ruffled Jeremy's already messy hair

Jeremy beamed sweetly and Mike smiled back slightly. I sit on the couch next to Jeremy and Mike walked off to the room, probably to sleep.

"did you know?" I ask Jeremy "about Mike's..."

"y-yeah" he says "we a-all d-do"