Recovering Slowly

A few days pass and I don't get any messages from Mike. The nurses came in every few hours to check on me but I didn't talk to them. No one even tried talking to me after the third day.

I would sit in silence and remember the good times Mike and I had. How he helped me at work when things went bad. How he was such a good friend and basically a brother to Jeremy. His sweet smile and deep crystal blue eyes. His amazing personality. The feeling of his soft lips against mine that night in the woods. How I could always count on him. He was my shoulder to cry on.

But those moments were gone now.

Time Skip...

It has been 1 week since the terrifying attack and tragic break up. The bandages come off today and I had a doctor come consult me for any mental injuries. The doctor came into the room and sat in a chair next to my bed.

"Miss y/n l/n" he says with a calming voice "how are you today?"

"I-i'm ok" I say quietly

"Have you been feeling anything strange lately" He says

"Nothing out of the ordinary"

"Good" he wrote something down on his clipboard "I heard you haven't been accepting any visitors, any reason why?"

I look down at my lap and feel tears start to form in my eyes. I didn't really want to talk about it, but I'm guessing I have to if I'm being questioned like this.

"I-I had a rough breakup" I say choking back my tears

"I'm very sorry about that" he says softly

I nod slowly and a tear falls from my eye. I was quick to wipe it away and look back at the doctor, ready for more questions. He asked me more questions that related to my memory and other things like that. I answered truthfully and all seemed to be ok. He was happy with my wellbeing and eventually left me with nothing but my thoughts.

I sigh and lie back down in my bed.

I close my eyes and slowly let the darkness of sleep consume my soul as i fade off into a deep slumber.

-----------------

Sorry it's short