Drowning Your Problems

I walk to the park kicking stones as I allowed tears to fall down my face. I arrive at the park and sit on the closest bench. I just sit there under the single streetlight, thinking about what I've done. Out of all the things I've done in my life, this is the worst. I sat there for so long, I had no track of time and just watched the clouds move for what felt like hours while I thought about my actions. When suddenly, my phone buzzed, it was Jeremy.

Jeremy- Y/N you need to come home. Mikes not doing well and I can't do anything

You- ok I'll be home soon

I stand and think about what I'm about to come home to. But I was only gone like an hour at the most, right. Wrong, it's been two and a half hours since I left. Ok, that's still not enough time for him to have gone and done something reckless, right?

Wrong.

I got home to find Jeremy sitting on the couch with his leg up on a chair and the rest of his body wrapped in a blanket watching sailor moon on the TV.

"Hey" I say "where's Mike?"

"O-oh Y/N!" He said as he paused the TV "M-Mike is I-in the r-room"

"Ok what's happened that's so bad?" I ask

Jeremy sniffs a bit, it seems he has been crying, "It's r-really b-bad" he says as he wipes his eyes on his blanket

I ruffle his hair and thank him, making him smile slightly. I walk to the bedroom, the door was shut and from inside I could hear hear muffled sniffing and sobbing. I softly knock on the door.

"Mike it's me" You say "what's up"

"What's up, is that I'm a hopeless failure!" He yells "and no one will ever love me!"

Jeez, that was a hard hit.

I try to opens the door but it's locked.

"Come on" I complain "let me in, Mike"

"No" he says

"Mike, Jeremy called me" I explain "he was worried about you but he wouldn't tell me what happened"

There was a pause.

"So do you want to tell me what happened?" I ask slowly

There was no reply.
"Mike?"

I hear shuffling and then the door unlocked. I look up at him, his face is tear stained and his breath smelt of alcohol.

"Mike what's been going on?" I ask quietly

He sniffs and let's me into the room. You look around and see like 20 beer bottles on the floor. The smell was disgusting and I almost had to cover my nose.

"Mike did you drink all of this?" I ask

"Y-yeah" he replied sadly

"This can't be good for your head" I say

I sit on the bed and he hesitates before he speaks to me again.

"W-why aren't you at work?" He asked

"I took the week off to take care of you and Jeremy" you reply

He shuffles a bit closer too me. This makes me a bit uncomfortable. He soon pulled me into a tight embrace, thanking me by surprise.

"I don't want to be alone forever" he sobs

"You won't Mike" I say "one day you will meet the right girl"

"But, but what is Doll was the perfect girl and I threw it away"

"Trust me she wasn't the right girl"

"How can you tell?" He asks

"Girls can sense when each other Are bitches" I explain

Mike let go of me and just stared at me. His deep blue eyes stared into my e/c eyes.

He leaned in closer and in a moment of pure delight, his lips pressed against mine. I was so surprised. But I loved it at the same time. It felt wrong that he was kissing me only hours after breaking up with Doll, so I broke away from it, blushing as I did.

"I-I'm sorry" he says, blushing "I/I didn't mean to-"

I cut him off with a soft kiss to the cheek and his face was even redder than before. There was an awkward tension between us so I took the initiative to say something.

"I-I'm going to check on Jeremy" I say calmly as I walk out of the room

Jeremy was almost asleep on the couch but sprung back awake when he saw me.

"H-how is h-he?" He asked in a worried tone

"He's fine" I say "just needs some sleep"

"O-ok" Jeremy turns off the tv and snuggles under his blanket "I'll go to sleep too then"

"Night" I smile

I get myself a drink and walk back into the room. Mike was lying on top of the covers, just staring at the ceiling. I get my pyjamas and change in the bathroom, getting onto my side of the bed when I get back.

I burry myself under the covers and just let my problems melt away as I slowly pass into a light sleep.

I was quickly woken up by the sudden grip around my waist. I look over my shoulder and see that Mike was fast asleep, hugging around the waist.

I blushed but then realised, what if this was just the alcohol. What if he's just drunk and that kids didn't mean anything? What if.. what if...