Cryptotrappers- Revenge of the Killer Rabbit

I could barely muster the breath to scream as I rolled further into the steep, abyssal darkness of the cave we'd been forced into by whatever that thing chasing us was. There was no way for me to gauge how far down I'd gone, but judging by how long I'd been descending, my hopes of leaving this place any time soon were dire. The slope seemed to become steeper the further I went, leaving me falling more than I was sliding, until eventually I landed, splayed on my stomach, lying on cold, unsteady rock. As I tried to push myself to my feet, my heart dropped to the sound of deep cracking from beneath me, and a pair of soft fingers merely brushed past my own as the floor beneath me shattered and I fell further into the darkness.

I awoke in pitch blackness, my right leg pinned beneath me and thudding with dull pain across my whole body. Nothingness surrounded me, thick and all encompassing, with not even a pinprick of light visible above me. Tentatively, I pushed myself up again, and though standing was painful on my right leg, I found to my relief that I could put weight on it. Every part of me felt as though it was littered with bruises and cuts, and raising my hand to my forehead, I couldn't tell if the liquid that coated it was sweat or blood. Groaning, I fumbled my other hand towards my phone, wincing my eyes as I turned on the flashlight and revealed my surroundings. Greyish dirt surrounded me, but the cave roof seems to be high enough for me to stand at full height. Checking myself, I found myself to be as battered as I'd expected, and the dim light of my phone's torch revealed that the substance coating my fingers was indeed crimson.
"Lucy? Sid! Randy! Seth!" I shouted upwards hoarsely, my voice echoing upwards and fading into the dark. Even if they replied, I had no guarantee that I'd hear them. With no button, no lifelines, not even a tranquilliser rifle, I was completely defenceless. But my only chance of escape was ahead of me. So, uncertain of exactly what I'd find, I hobbled on further into the cave.

Both time and distance had lost all meaning to me by the point that I'd first become overwhelmed with woozy nausea, forcing me to take a break and sit. Flexing my knee, I winced in pain as I tried not to imagine how bad the fall had actually been. My scorched arm once again sang with agony, and my single-track resolve to escape was all that was preventing me from crying out in hopelessness. But as long as I put my whole focus on getting out, I wouldn't have time to think about everything that had happened since the Wyvern. Shaking my head, I slowly progressed further into the cave, before slowing to a near halt. In the tunnel wall, close to the ground, there was a dark hole, just big enough for me to fit my arm into. Almost like a shaft, or maybe...
"Like a burrow..." I muttered, the first sound I'd heard in a while besides my own dragging footsteps and the cave settling. If there was a burrow here, that could only mean one thing. There were Jackalopes down here, and if there were Jackalopes down here... that meant there had to be some way out.

With renewed spirit, I progressed through the cavern as quickly as I could. Sometimes the tunnels widened large enough for me to spot stalactites above me and for me to almost imagine a breeze on my skin, whilst sometimes I had to squeeze myself through gaps I could barely fit through, scraping my skin on the stone. Whenever there was a crossroads, I'd take whichever path felt like it was leading further upwards, becoming more and more hopelessly lost every time I encountered a dead end. Occasionally, I'd call out to my team, hearing my voice become hopelessly lost in the darkness ahead, unheard. I was beginning to get tired, hungry and dehydrated, but I couldn't let anything stop me from progressing or I might never find the fortitude to continue further again. But eventually I'd reached a point where the simple act of walking felt difficult, as though my feet were sticking to the floor. And to my dismay, when my breathing became laboured and I felt that something had to be wrong, I found that they actually were.

Illuminating my shoes with my phone's flashlight, my heart began to race as I realised that grey threads coating the entire ground had begun sticking to my soles, raising whenever I lifted my leg and falling back when my foot unstuck. Reaching down and brushing them with my fingers, they felt worryingly strong, almost definitely strong enough to ensnare me if I found myself caught in them, and absolutely enough for me to lose my only source of light if it ever fell from my hand. Trying my best to ignore the situation, I continued, deliberately lifting my legs higher no matter how much my bruised limbs protested. Despondency coursed through me once again when I realised that the exit to this silk-strewn area of the cavern seemed to be blocked, but this time something was different.