Cryptotrappers- The Blood Fiend

As much as I wanted to escape at top speed, all of a sudden my legs weren't cooperating, and I could barely creep backwards slowly, hands outstretched to try and keep the Chupacabra at bay. As it snapped towards my fingers, I pulled them back towards me and elected not to try that again. As soon as I showed any sign of weakness, any hint I may run, I knew it would probably have me pinned in a heartbeat, so whatever I did, I couldn't turn away from it. That said, my attempts at intimidation were definitely failing.

I desperately wished I could check my footing but I could not. If I looked away, I was dead. If I tripped, I was dead. If I moved too slowly, I was also dead. I was in a despicable checkmate, and nobody seemed to be coming to my aid. There was one action I could take. Shifting my body to the left, the Chupacabra reacted, at which point I darted to the right and opened Seth's cage. It turned to snap and swipe at me quicker than I would have liked but with two potential targets I finally found it in me to run.

As I ran, desperately hoping not to slip or fall, I could hear it gaining behind me, and I was sure it would make any turn better than I could. Spinning quickly on the spot, I bashed at its snout with the only thing to hand that wouldn't risk my fingers; Seth's cage. That stunned it for just a second but that second was enough for me to get in view of the house, even in the dark. I waved and screamed, and the shapes of figures in the windows dwindled to two, then one. All I could do was run full force towards the kitchen door, and hope they made it first. The kitchen light came on and a warm glow flooded as the door opened, just moments before I flung myself through it, turning my head to see it slammed a second later, cracking the beast in the face just in time.

"Thanks... guys." I puffed, bent over and clutching my knees.
"So." Sid asked, Randy beside him. "What are we dealing with? Lizard? Dog?"
"Yes." I puffed, pulling myself to a chair and sitting as I caught my breath. Glancing towards them, I happened to notice how unprepared they appeared.
"Please tell me you're armed." I asked, hopeful.
"We got here just in time as is, there's no way we could have grabbed our tranquilliser guns." Sid replied, grimly.
"They're in the master bedroom with Lucy." Randy added. "So at least she'll be able to defend herself if worst comes to worst."
I was just about to suggest that we fetch them when the sound of breaking glass from the living room filled the air and felt like daggers in my soul. Even more disconcertingly, there was also still the sound of pawing at the door. Looking nervously through the kitchen door's already cracked window, I made eye contact through the warped glass with the Chupacabra outside, reared up on hind legs and snarling.
"What's happening?" Randy asked. I turned away from the creature outside to look grimly at him.
"I think our problems just doubled."

All attention was turned away from the door for the outside and towards the door to the living room. Something, presumably another of the bloodsucking beasts, was pacing around in there, snarling and whining.
"What do we do now?" I hissed quietly.
"We hope it can't manage stairs." Sid responded, sounding concerned. I reached around to the fancy block the kitchen had and pulled out what seemed to be a steak knife- not ideal but I'd defend myself with it if I was forced to. I didn't know which sound perturbed me more, the sounds of soft pacing and snarling from the living room or the now silence from outside. And then we heard the one sound we didn't want to hear. The creak of something heavy stepping onto the bottom step.

Safety out the window, the three of us tore open the kitchen door and dashed to the staircase as fast as was possible. We only managed to catch it at the top of the stairs heading directly towards the room where Lucy was. My head turned to the sound of breaking in the kitchen as the external door opened and the other Chupacabra skulked inside. No time to think about that though; Lucy had begun to scream and that sent me hurtling up the stairs with Sid and Randy following shortly behind. It's head had broken through the door to the master bedroom and it was trying everything to break the door down. I didn't even think, I took out the knife and stabbed the canid fiend in one of its hind legs. It retreated from the door to try and go for my jugular but I moved with it and narrowly avoided the strike. I punched it in the jaw with all of my might as Sid held himself between the banister and the wall to kick the other Chupacabra down the stairs.
"We can't fight them like this!" I protested, as Lucy opened the door just enough to let us through. I made it through just in time; Randy shoved the injured Chupacabra to the side to get inside and once in, Sid almost threw the wardrobe in front of the door. Finally, we could have just a moment of peace.