Ch 19: Quiet the Mind

Kazuki got sick that night. He missed two days of school before forcing himself to get out of bed to go again much to Katsuki's displeasure.  Kazuki kept pushing himself and it got worse because Kirishima wouldn't even look at him. Even Katsuki barely spoke to him. Everyday at lunch Kazuki was either in recovery girls office or up on the roof with Todoroki, who was also worried about him. 

By the time it was Exam day, Kazuki was physically feeling better but mentally he was not. His mind still clouded over everything. It didn't help that once again he was paired up with his brother like they were one person, along with Midoriya. This three man team was a cocktail for a disaster. The twins were at odds and each had their own separate issue with Midoriya. Add on to the fact that they had to go up against the number one hero All Might. 

Throughout the entire fight they were all yelling at each other and arguing. Midoriya thought there was no hope of beating All Might in a fight so just wanted to run. Both twins knew they wouldn't make it through without fighting, but while Kazuki wanted to come up with a plan, Katsuki just wanted to rush in. It was so aggravating. In the end the only reason they won was because of Midoriya. Katsuki was knocked out and Kazuki was barely standing. 

Kazuki woke up in the nurses office. He groaned as he sat up and tilted his head, cracking his neck. "You're awake," A voice said. He felt a hand on his forehead that slowly trailed down to cup his cheek. He instantly knew it was Todoroki as he opened his eyes. 

"How long was I out?" Kazuki asked. 

"Not to long," Todoroki said. "Bakugou hasn't even regained consciousness yet. Everyone has come back and we are all reviewing the tapes of our exams." He put his hand down and held Kazuki's hand.

"Great," Kazuki said rolling his eyes. "Ours was horrible."

"At least you passed," Todoroki said. 

"Only because of my brother's strength and Izuku's refusal to give up," Kazuki sighed. "I don't feel like I did anything."

"That's untrue, Kazuchan," Midoriya said walking up. "In the end it was your idea that allowed us to win. All Might never expected to see me wearing one of Kaachan's grenades. Then you helped Kaachan fight All Might."

"And you were supposed to make a run for it," Kazuki said eyeing the green haired boy. "But you came back for us." Midoriya looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I couldn't leave you guys behind," Izuku said. "When I looked back Kaachan was already knocked out and you were barely standing trying to protect him. I distracted All Might long enough for you to pick up Kaachan and carry him out."

"Yea, well don't tell him that," Kazuki sighed again. "He isn't to happy with me right now." He felt Todoroki give his hand a squeeze. His eyes went passed Midoriya and met with Kirishima's, who was looking at him. Upon being spotted he quickly turned away. "Are we allowed to leave?"

"Soon," Midoriya said. "They are finishing up the last review now. Though I think we will be reviewing them again tomorrow."

"Why don't you come over to my house after school?" Todoroki asked. "You will be able to get away from your brother for a while. I am sure he won't be in to great of a mood after today." Kazuki just gave a light nod. 

"Izuku," Kazuki called before the boy could leave. 

"Y-yes Kazuchan?" Midoriya said quickly. 

"I am sorry I was so weak today," Kazuki said. 

"No, don't worry Kazuchan," Midoriya said quickly. "You are still recovering from being sick." Kazuki grit his teeth for a moment before taking a deep breath to calm himself. He let go of Todoroki's hand as he got up.