Ch 25: Aftermath

For an entire week Katsuki was a wreck. He was either destroying things or crying. He was a total wreck. So when Kirishima came to him with a plan to save his brother. He didn't care who else was going, he was going to save Kazuki. 

When they did save him, Katsuki didn't let Kazuki leave his side. Even through the All Might fight with the villain alliance. Katsuki even noticed something weird going on with Midoriya when it came to All Might.  Even when the police came to talk with Kazuki, Katsuki insisted on staying with him. Though he didn't tell me much beyond the fact that they were looking to recruit them. Katsuki knew he was lying though. 

Finally they got home. Kazuki got smothered by his mother while Katsuki got scolded for leaving without saying anything.  Mitsuki hugged both her boys tightly though. Kazuki was glad when he finally got to go up to their room. He avoided talking to his brother by getting in a long needed shower. He stayed in there for a while just avoiding the talk he knew his brother was itching for. Katsuki was going to yell at him for switching places and demand details of what happened during the week he was captive. Kazuki sighed as he stood under the water. He had burns and bruises all over his body because Dabi was a bit rough in bed. 

Kazuki got out and dried off. Luckily he remembered to bring in clean clothes so Katsuki wouldn't see the injuries. Suddenly the door slammed open. "Stop fucking avoiding me Kazu!" Katsuki growled. Then he stopped and looked Kazuki over. There were burns on him that didn't match up with burns to his clothes. 

"Get the fuck out!" Kazuki yelled at his brother. Kazuki shoved Katsuki back and slammed the door. "Fucking asshole," Kazuki mumbled. Great, he saw me. he thought. He shook his head as he finished getting drying off and getting dressed. He was looking forward to this conversation a lot less now. He walked out with the towel over his head as he continued to dry his hair. He went to their room and sat on his bed. Katsuki was sitting on the other side. 

"So spill it." Katsuki said. "What happened over there?"

"Nothing much," Kazuki sighed and laid down. He kept the towel over his face. 

"Come on Kazu," Katsuki said looking at him. "You know you can tell me anything."

"Just like you tell me everything?" Kazuki asked a bit annoyed. 

"I was just trying to protect you," Katsuki said with a pout. "Look I'm sorry I didn't tell you what was really going on. I didn't want you to have to worry about things. You have enough on your plate."

"And I am protecting you by not saying anything," Kazuki said. "Because no matter what I say you are just going to blame yourself for it. When nothing is your fault. I took your place. I chose to be taken instead of you. You have nothing to blame yourself for."  Katsuki looked at him. He moved to lay down next to Kazuki. 

"I missed you," Katsuki said softly. He gripped onto Kazuki's shirt. Kazuki was the only one ever allowed to really see this side of him. Kazuki took the towel off his face and turned to face his brother. "I don't ever want to be without you again." Katsuki whispered. Kazuki wrapped his arms around him. 

"It's alright Suki," Kazuki told him. "I don't plan on leaving you any time soon." He wasn't sure how this became all about reassuring Katsuki when Kazuki was the one who got kidnapped but he supposed it was better than being pumped for details. He did not want to tell Katsuki what really happened in that Patchwork man's room.  He held his brother until he calmed down.  

"Now tell me what happened," Katsuki said. 

"No," Kazuki told him. He let Katsuki go and sat up with a deep sigh. "Some things you are better off not knowing."