CC7 - Part 15

Camila’s POV

This was it. My last shot. The last desperate idea I had to sustain any sort of relationship with the brunette standing in front of me.

Proposing her to be friends with benefits could be the best or worst idea I ever had. All I knew in that instant was that I couldn’t stand the tension anymore. I wanted her more than I had ever wanted anyone else. Being around her and sharing a room with her was absolute torture after our last conversation in Boston. A part of me wanted to let her go, for her sake. Another part of me wanted to hold on forever, for my sake. It turned out that I was being selfish once more.

But no matter how cool Lauren appeared, there were little moments in which I found hope that there could be a chance for us. Sleeping with her was pretty drastic, but maybe the related intimacy would force her to get in touch with any unresolved feelings that were possibly buried somewhere deep down. Not to mention that I seriously wanted to sleep with her! It felt like the blinders had fallen off in the past weeks. There was no denying on how much I was attracted to her in every way possible.

Actually, I felt like I was being thrown back into the past. Back when we had been at the youth teams, Lauren had confused me beyond belief. I had been fighting my feelings for her at any cost and this felt similar. So what if we tried being casual again, only this time I wouldn’t give up but do my best to use it as a foundation for something more.

Under any other circumstance I probably would not have acted on my desires but after another fight, which was completely pointless because we were both trying to protect the other, I snapped. I wouldn’t survive another night in that hotel room with the amount of tension between us. It was the reason we always fought, wasn’t it? To release some of the electricity that overcharged our systems so to speak. Or at least I hoped that was the reason since I couldn’t stand the thought we actually disliked each other. I sure as hell did not dislike her. The question was how Lauren would react to my unexpected offer.

She seemed shocked which was understandable. But the most important thing to me was the decline of her unfazed façade. I started gaining some more hope that she wasn’t over us like she perhaps wanted me to believe. She wasn’t protesting much. It was more disbelief that was apparent on her face -that beautiful face with those skilled lips that were so close to mine by now.

I was getting closer and closer and forced a decision.

Before I really realized it, my lips were on hers. Gently pressing them against each other, I sensed some trepidation on Lauren’s end but tried to diminish it by adding more pressure. She exhaled heavily through her nose and more resistance was crumbling. It felt like our roles were reversed and I was the one seducing the older one. My hands were gripping the hem of her shirt tightly before the soft kiss ended.

Instead of pulling away, I opened my eyes for a second and saw hers remaining shut. Closing in again, I captured her upper lip between mine with more assertiveness and felt her kissing me back. My heart was pumping like crazy as soon as she reciprocated. It didn’t take long to break down the last walls because she sucked lightly on my lower lip. God, I hated and loved it at the same time how excellent of a kisser she was.

Her lips were moving in perfect unison to mine, applying just the right amount of pressure, sliding her tongue sensually over my bottom lip to tease me before both of her hands cupped my face. That was without a doubt something I had always loved. The way her fingers placed themselves perfectly on my cheeks and showed off the difficult balance between dominance and affection – I melted every time she did it. Her tongue traced my bottom lip once more and this time she tilted her head to slip the slick muscle into my mouth. I gasped quietly, Lauren seizing the moment and exploring the inside of my mouth for a quick moment. It was still sultry how she wasn’t shoving her tongue down my throat like other people would, but brushed it over mine challengingly.