CC7 - Part 22

Camila’s POV

Lauren had agreed to go to the diner like I had suggested before. Maybe it wasn’t her first choice for a Valentine’s dinner but I thought it was fitting. Who needed a fancy dinner after the gift she had made me? The memory of me unpacking the embroidered soccer boots gave me goose bumps all over.

I looked over to Lauren who was driving while I was quietly listening to the music in the car. The piercing green eyes were focused on the streets and I sighed unknowingly, admiring her impeccable profile. When I had met her again in the city, I hadn’t expected her to be this…sweet. Of course, I had known her from the U 17 but she had changed so much that I had had no real expectation after our first turbulent few months in Boston together. Who would have known that the seductress would be such a thoughtful and heartfelt girlfriend?

“What are you looking at?” Lauren turned her head to the side and smiled gently, apparently noticing my blatant staring.

“Admiring the view”, I smirked and saw her eyebrow kinking in that signature way.

“Sounds like something I would say”, she answered but looked ahead again to pay attention to the traffic.

“Well, I’m picking up a few things”, I couldn’t help myself but bite my lower lip when I watched her doing the simplest tasks, like driving a car. She was just so…hot!

“Maybe I should teach a class on seducing girls”, the older one teased and brushed some hair strands on the other side.

“Sorry, never going to happen”, I instantly replied and shook my head. “You are only allowed to give me private lessons.”

“I should have known you’d be the jealous type”, Lauren chuckled mischievously.

“What makes you say that?” I frowned in curiosity.

“Because you are so bossy”, she said with no hesitation and I almost gasped.

“I’m not bossy!” I wasn’t sure why I was so surprised to hear that but it was unexpected.

“Yes, you are!” the other brunette laughed mildly and looked over again. “It’s not a bad thing. I like that you are so driven and know what you want.”

“Are you saying that I’m wearing the pants in this?” I laughed now as well.

“I have this theory”, she started and straightened her posture.

“Now I’m intrigued”, I watched her smiling widely.

“You know how they say that there are all these types of lesbians: butch, fem, lipstick blab bla”, I nodded as she began and was wondering where this was going. “In my experience-“

“And God knows you have a lot of that”, I had to cut in and saw her eyes widening playfully before she took my hand and placed a small kiss on the back of it.

“What I meant to say was, that the quiet ones are always the bossiest”, the central-midfielder continued. “Like, there was this one lesbian couple in college who were extremely cliché from the outside. One was rather masculine and ‘butchy’ if you will. And her girlfriend was extremely feminine and quiet. Everyone thought the roles were so obvious but I hung out with them a lot and the lipstick one was wearing the pants for sure! She was calling all the shots.”

“Wait”, I furrowed my eyebrows and tried containing my laughter because of what I was about to say. “Are you calling yourself the butchy one?” I failed in my attempt and laughed out loud. That was ridiculous because she more made up than I was most of the time.