CC7 - Part 16

It had only been a few days since I had returned to Paris but my mind was solely occupied with one thing – or one person to be more specific: Lauren.

Ever since our very intimate moment of almost sleeping together, I couldn’t stop myself from constantly wondering what she was doing. I knew I had to take things slow. She wasn’t going to react well if I’d smother her so to speak. There were many doubts on her end and we had only agreed on being friends with benefits.

So it took every bit of restraint to not immediately text her when I got home. A few days seemed reasonable to casually ask how she was doing. The text message had been sent hours ago but I hadn’t gotten a reply. I was checking my phone like a crazy person but it was late and I gave up on expecting an answer. Had I done something wrong? Weren’t we allowed to communicate at all except for the physical aspect? That seemed a little drastic.

It wasn’t until the next morning that the device on my nightstand buzzed. Instantly grabbing my iPhone, I saw Lauren’s name on its display with an incoming message. My heart was fluttering by something so simple. Looking at the time, I realized it was in the middle of the night in Boston. I was enjoying a lazy Sunday in bed since Lara was out with Dinah and her nephew. Taking a deep breath, I waited a safe amount of time before I decided to answer. I didn’t want to appear desperate but still interested. God, dating was so hard…although we weren’t we even dating!

Lauren: Hey, I’m sorry. I forgot my phone @ home and just got back. I’m doing good. How about you? Get back safe?

Camila: No worries. Yeah, everything went well with us too. Isn’t it in the middle of the night over there?

L: I was at a party.

C: Ah, did you have fun?

L: It was alright. What are you doing?

C: Nothing. I was just reading.

L: What are you wearing?

My eyebrows lifted when I received her text but I couldn’t help a little smirk. I had an idea what was going on and wanted to see if my suspicion would be confirmed by asking very directly.

C: Are you drunk?

L: Ha, got me. Maybe a little…but I still want to know.

C: Trust me, your fantasy of what I might be wearing can only be better than what I am actually wearing.

L: Send me a picture.

C: Well well…aren’t you demanding.

L: You promised me some pictures at the airport.

C: I promised you pictures of Lara’s drawings.

L: That was not how you said it. Come on.

C: I look like shit. I’ve only been in bed and haven’t gotten ready.

L: So what? I want to see your pretty face.

C: I’m sure that’s all you want to see.

L: A nude would be fine too.

C: You’re unbelievable.

L: That’s what she said.

Her clear intoxication was bringing on all this flirting and I knew it. But it was a good thing in my book. It was definitely an improvement to where we had been before our new arrangement. In the spirit of making an effort, I took my phone and decided to take a quick selfie. I tried to look silly since this was our way of bantering and I was pretending to be annoyed. In reality I enjoyed every second of it.