➮ eleven.

Jae

Jae.

"Still at it with mystery boy?" My best friend Natalia asked smirking. I smiled. "Yeah." I replied. "His number is still unsaved?" She asked leaning over my shoulder. "Never really thought of changing it." I said shrugging. "Hmm, I see." She said eyeing me.

"What?" I asked. "Oh nothing." She said her voice trailing off. "I don't even know his name." I said laughing. "He's got a variety of nicknames." She said. "I don't know Nat," I said growing to become irritated. She sensed the irritation in my voice and backed off.

"I'm sorry Nat, you're just asking a lot of questions." I said. "No it's cool, I get it." She said. I turned my phone off and put it to the side. We were watching old episodes of Catfish. I got a little uncomfortable towards the silence between us.

I moved around in my spot. "Y'all ever thought about meeting up?" Natalia asked breaking the silence. "Yeah, we've talked a little about it. Him coming to Atlanta." I said looking down. "Y'all would we cute." She said giggling.

"You know we just friends." I said smiling. "Mhm, I'll believe that for now." She said turning her attention back to the tv. I playfully rolled my eyes. I began to play with my fingers out of boredom.

Hopefully he's sticking to his trip, I would love to go to Cali though. The issue is just money. A whole new scenery would be nice, the issue is just money. Money, money, money. The killer to all my problems. I'm seventeen with no job yet, I have no way of an income except my parents.

Them two don't even want to spend a dime on me anymore. They've been saying the same thing since I was thirteen, "I'm getting older the older I get the more job opportunities I have." They're for sure not going to by me a plane ticket all the way to California.

A job doesn't sound too bad, I'll consider it. Asking just might be the way to go.