➮ thirty.

[ a few weeks later ]

"You sure you're going to be okay?" My mom asked as her eyes began to water. "Yes momma, I'm going to be fine." I said as we were walking to my dorm room. "Don't cry please, you're going to make me cry." I said.

"I'm sorry baby." She sniffled. My dad rolled his eyes.

"Stop being so dramatic." He said. "Shut up Kenneth!" My mom exclaimed. I smiled shaking my head, I was going to miss being around these two. I'm closer to Glizzy but so far away from my family. I pulled the key out unlocking the door.

"This is it." Nat said. Nat was on one side of me and Glizzy was on the other. "Yeah," I said unlocking my door to my room. It wasn't a lot of space but it was big enough. I smiled as I looked around. I dropped my bags down.

"You need any help putting your things up?" My dad asked. "No I think I got it." I said truthfully. "Alright."

"You sure baby?" My mom asked not wanting to leave. "I'm sure." I said chuckling. "Alright, give me a hug." She said tightly wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back as my eyes began to water. She let me go and I went over to my dad.

"Bye daddy." I said hugging him. "Bye baby." He said. He held on to me for a long time. "Okay, that's enough." I smiled. He let me go looking me in my eyes. "Focus Jae, don't get caught up." He said. "Got it."

"I'm gonna miss you bestie." I said pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm gonna miss you too." She said wrapping her arms around me. I wish she would've went to school up here, but she's going somewhere local. "Call me when you get to your room." I said.

"Okay." She said as we released each other from the hug. "Well, we better get going." My mom said. "Don't want y'all to miss your flight." I said. "Bye y'all." I added. "Bye," they said in unison. "I love y'all." I said. "I love you too." They all said before leaving.

I closed my door. "It's just us now." I said to Glizzy. "You okay bae?" He asked hugging me from behind. "Eventually I will be, I just have to get use to this." I said. It was weird being without my parents or my best friend, but I'm growing up. I have to take care of myself.

We set up my bed and hung up pictures. I sat my snacks out and put everything that needed to be refrigerated in my mini fridge. I was going to hang up my clothes another day, I just wanted to chill the rest of the day.

We laid in my bed watching movies until it was time for him to go. "I gotta go." He said trying to pull me off him. "No, please." I whined holding onto his waist. "We can always go somewhere." He said walking towards the door.

"Tomorrow?" I asked frowning. "Yes, all weekend." He said. "Okay." I said letting him go. "Bye baby." He said pulling me in for a kiss. "Bye." I pecking his lips. I was all alone now, my roommates I wouldn't meet until tomorrow I'm guessing is when they're coming.

I jumped up and down realizing I was free, taking care of myself and not under my parents watch. I ended my night watching TV, the wrong number was the right number.

yikes 😭 the end is so corny byeee i didn't want to end it jus regular so.. this is the end of the book. it was fun while it lasted. thanks to everybody who took the time and read my story :) I appreciate y'all for commenting and actually reading my story