➮ sixteen.

Jae

Jae.

I applied for two different jobs, the first one being a summer camp volunteer, the second a cashier at Chick-Fil-A. The summer camp starts soon, a week to be exact. Chick-Fil-A is a whole interview process.

If I was going to be able to see Glizzy, I have to do this myself. I closed my computer satisfied. "How is everything going?" My mom asked peeking her head in the door. "Good actually, the camp starts in one week, and my interview should be soon." I said.

"You seem like you got it going, California looks clear as of right now." She said smiling before opening the door fully. She sat down on my bed. "What you watching?" She asked. This sounds familiar. I know what she's doing, she can't beat me at my own game.

"Ma, really." I said straight facing her. "What?" She asked innocently. "I know what you're doing, what's up?" I asked. "Well, you know our cousins." She said slowly. "You know how many cousins I got." I said beginning to grow impatient.

"Trevor, Trip, and Ty." My mom said. "What about them?" I asked confused. "Auntie Myra wanted to know if you were available to babysit." She said. "That's a dub." I replied scrunching my face up. I giggled at the face she made, not understanding the meaning of dub.

"Excuse me?" I laughed falling back on my bed. "I'm not babysitting those devil spawns." I said. "She's paying Jaelynn, that's another money opportunity." My mom said. "Ma, you know how they get." I whined. "They're not that bad sweetie, it's only for a few hours." She said

"Today?" I asked annoyed already. "Yes, nine o'clock." She said standing up. I looked over at the clock on my wall, it was 8:45. I sighed getting up. I changed into a old school hoodie and a pair of pajama pants. I sat back down on my bed and began a prayer.

"God, please let me get through the night with no scratches or bruises, amen." I quickly said as the doorbell rung. I jumped up as a reflex and began pasting back and fourth. "Coming!" I heard my mom yell as she made her way downstairs.

"Here we go." I said before taking a deep breath in. I left out my room and slowly made my way down the stairs. "Hi Aunt Myra." I said smiling. "Hey ladybug." She said making her way over to me giving me a tight hug. "How you been?" She asked. "I've been better." I said referring to this tragedy.

My mom caught on and nudged me. "She's just being dramatic." My mom said shooting a glare at me. "Actu-

"Ken! Let's go." My mom yelled up the stairs cutting me off. My dad came rushing down the stairs but began to mean mug once he saw Aunt Myra. "Ken, fix your face." My mom whispered loud enough for only me to hear.

"Kenneth." Aunt Myra said in a disgusted tone. "Myra." My dad said clearing his throat in the same tone. Before they could start arguing my mom stepped in between them.

"Alright baby, we'll be back no later than twelve." My dad said rubbing my back. "Daddy, come on. Twelve? That's a whole three hours." I whispered. "Bye girl." He said throwing up the peace sign. "You lame for that." I giggled before they left out.

Before I could even close the door fully, one ran upstairs, one took off into the living room, and one ran into the kitchen. "Hey! We need to set some ground rules." I said walking into the kitchen. "Like?" Trip said as he began to set up the PlayStation.

"You don't bother me and I won't bug you." I simply said. "Okay." Trip and Trever said in unison. "You got fortnite?" Trip asked. "Nah, not yet." I said. "You a lame." He replied smacking his lips throwing my controller.

"Don't start." I said snatching my bag of takis from Trevor. "Hey! I'm hungry." He said a mouth full of takis. "I don't care, you're not eating my takis." I said sighing. Where is Ty? I walked upstairs to put my takis in my room.

I opened my door to see Ty on my bed watching a Netflix movie. "At least you're the least problematic." I said folding my takis bag down. "I get that, a lot." He said his eyes glued to the TV. "Don't eat my takis, and don't let Trevor up here." I said sitting them on my nightstand.

"Got it." He replied. I don't even care he went into my room without asking, as long as I got them settled I don't care what they do. I closed the door back, jogging downstairs. Trevor was still in the kitchen looking for snacks. Trip was playing 2k18.

I entered the living room sitting down next to Trip on the couch. Surprisingly this is the calmest they have ever been. I'm not going to jinx myself, so let's hope for the best. "I'm hungry." Trip said pausing the game, looking at me.

"That sounds personal to me." I said shrugging my shoulders. "You're not going to offer me any food?" He asked rolling his eyes. "You eat up the whole fridge at home, I know you're not hungry." Trevor yelled from the kitchen. I got up and walked into the kitchen seeing Trevor eating snacks I never even knew were there.

"Um, get out my cabinets." I said snatching the bag of goldfish out his hand. "Here Trip." I said tossing him the bag. Trevor rolled his eyes, I left out the kitchen turning the lights off. Time flew by and I felt myself dosing off. Before I fully fell asleep there was a knock on the door.

I jumped up and jogged to the door. "Ty! Time to go." I yelled up the stairs. I looked through the peep hole already knowing who it was. I opened the door clearing the path so they could walk in. Once they walked in, Ty was making his way down the stairs.

"Thank you Jae." Aunt Myra said handing me fifty dollars. "Thank you." I said taking the money. I slowly made my way upstairs and ended my night.

- - -

ion like this chapter but i needed to update for you guys so here you go. i didn't really proof read either so if i made any mistakes please correct me. 💓