x. the tyrant in pink

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TEN. THE TYRANT IN PINK

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Evangeline moved forward with the crowd of students who were rushing to the front of the school. She didn't know what was going on, only that it had something to do with Professor Trelawney. And though she'd rather be anywhere else than in a crowd of annoying students, curiosity got the best of her.

What looked like the entirety of Hogwarts' students were stood outside on the courtyard, watching the scene unfold. Mr. Filch was carrying one of Professor Trelawney's suitcases to where she stood next to two other suitcases. The woman looked so frail and small and Evangeline slightly felt sorry for her.

Professor Umbridge emerged from the crowd, looking as smug as ever. She walked over to where Professor Trelawney was stood. Trelawney walked forward as well, nearly tripping over one of the suitcases. "Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this," Trelawney said to the shorter woman. Umbridge smiled at her, "Actually, I can." She held up a folded piece of paper and tilted her head to the side, that smile still on her face.

Professor Trelawney began to cry. It was absolutely silent save for the woman's sobs. It was then that Professor McGonagall came running forward. She pulled Trelawney into a hug and comforted her. She then eyed Umbridge in distaste. "Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asked the woman. "Oh, there are several things I would like to say," McGonagall said before going back to consoling the crying woman.

The castle doors opened then, Professor Dumbledore walking out in an almost dramatic manner. All eyes were on him, with Umbridge looking less than pleased. Dumbledore walked to the center of the courtyard where the three women stood. "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" The man said. Evangeline felt smug in that moment as Professor McGonagall began to usher the woman inside, Trelawney thanking the headmaster.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms, of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the Minister—" The headmaster cut Umbridge off. "You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster," he said. Umbridge looked at him with wide, crazy looking eyes. "For now," she replied.

Dumbledore walked away from her and back to the school's entrance. "Don't you all have studying to do?" He called out to the students. Evangeline watched as they all scattered away from the courtyard, rolling her eyes at the sight. However, she too made her way back into the castle. She went about her own business.