xxvi. home

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX. HOME

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The school year had finally drawn to an end and Evangeline was relieved. It had been one of the worst years of her life. But in a way, also one of the best. Sure it started off horribly. She was living with her awful aunt and uncle and annoying cousins. She was treated as though she were unimportant. But as the year went on, she learned that she mattered. That someone other than her sister could care about her.

Now she had friends. Something that she never thought she would have. Something that she never thought she had wanted or needed. But those friends were more than just friends to her. They were now her family. She could say that now. They did almost die together.

Evangeline was packing up the last of her bags. Because of her stay in the hospital wing as she recovered, she didn't have time to pack her things as the year was coming to an end. Hermione, Vivian, and Cleo had helped by packing most of her things for her. Something she was extremely grateful for. Evangeline was only left with packing a few things.

She winced when she reached to grab a little trinket off of her bedside table. She was still healing from that night. She still had bruising on different parts of her body. However, Madam Pomfrey had assured her that they would heal completely and she would be fine. She just needed to be sure to take her medicines. She made sure to pack those in one of her bags.

Evangeline looked around the nearly empty room. Hermione and Cleo had already gone down to the common room, agreeing to wait for the girl while she packed up the last of her things. They wanted to help her but Evangeline refused, saying that they had done more than enough already. She sighed and finished packing the remainder of everything.

A knock sounded on the door and she turned to look at it. "Come in," she called. The door opened and Ron walked into the room. She smiled, "Hey. What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the carriages?" Ron walked closer to her and smiled. "No. I'm supposed to be helping you with your bags," he said. Evangeline narrowed her eyes at him, "I can carry my own bags, thank you very much."

"No you can't. You're still recovering. Bags are heavy," Ron said. She scoffed, "I think I can manage." Ron pursed his lips and nodded. "Okay. If you can carry that bag without any trouble, I'll leave," he said, pointing at the largest bag in the room. She rolled her eyes and walked over to the bag. She gripped onto the strap and pulled it up, immediately hissing in pain as she did so.

She dropped the bag back on the floor and Ron rushed over to her. "Are you okay?" He asked, gently gripping her shoulders and looking her over. She shrugged off his hands. "I'm fine," she answered, walking back over to her bed. Ron tried to hide the smug smile that came onto his face. "Don't you dare smile," Evangeline said, not even looking at him.