xvi. snogging doesn't fix things

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER SIXTEEN. SNOGGING DOESN'T FIX THINGS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When Vivian Caspian learned about what Barry had done, she did not hesitate to punch him in the face, the boy sporting a black eye for the next few weeks. He hadn't told anyone who had given him the black eye, only saying that he had gotten into a fight with someone and that was that.

Ron and Cleo thought that it was well deserved. That it was the universe's way of getting back at him. Evangeline was the only person, besides Vivian and Barry, who knew what had really happened. She had attempted to chastise her older sister but couldn't control the bouts of laughter that kept bubbling out of her mouth. Vivian was pleased.

Evangeline hadn't listened to Barry's words, continuing to hang out with her new friends. Friends. It was strange to think of them as that. She considered them to be acquaintances, not yet ready to admit that they were her friends. Vivian was beyond ecstatic that Evangeline was actually talking to someone that wasn't her. The younger girl was finally breaking out of her shell and opening up a lot more.

The two were at the last D.A. meeting before the holiday, going over all that they had learned since the first meeting. Neville, who had been struggling to master the Expelliarmus charm, was finally able to disarm his opponent, who in this case happened to be Parvati Patil. Evangeline found herself smiling, a feeling of pride swelling up in her chest.

Not too long after that, the meeting was over. "So that's it for this lesson. Now, we're not gonna be meeting again until after the holidays. So just keep practicing on your own as best you can. And well done, everyone. Great, great work," Harry told the group. Everyone, besides Evangeline, clapped before beginning to leave the Room of Requirement.

She could see Harry eyeing Cho Chang and rolled her eyes, wondering when he was going to make a move. Vivian rested a hand on her sister's shoulder and gave it a squeeze before leaving the room, making sure to thank Harry on her way out. Evangeline waited for Cleo and Hermione, the three agreeing to walk back to their dorm together prior to the meeting.

One of the girls in question rushed her way. Hermione grabbed her arm and began pulling her to the door, Cleo and Ron following behind her. "You really want to go to sleep, don't you?" She asked, pulling her arm out of Hermione's grasp. "No. But Harry is going to talk to Cho and I want them to be alone," the Granger girl said. The four walked down the corridors and toward the Gryffindor common room.

When they arrived, Hermione and Ron made themselves comfortable. "Aren't you going to bed?" Cleo asked them. "Of course not. We have to wait for Harry and see what happened," Ron said. Cleo rolled her eyes before turning to Evangeline. "What about you?" She asked. Evangeline shrugged, "I'm not tired."