xxvii. sunset conversations

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN. SUNSET CONVERSATIONS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Evangeline Caspian was the happiest that she had ever been in years. Over the past few months of living with Remus and Tonks, she had really gotten to know the two. She and Vivian had quickly grown close to the two adults, spending a lot of time with them.

Remus had told the girls things about their parents. Things that they hadn't known before. Evangeline felt as though she had grown closer to her parents as well, if that made any sense. It might not to others but it did to her.

Evangeline found Remus and Tonks to be a good fit together. The two made one another extremely happy. She could see the love that they had for each other. It was truly beautiful. And every time she would see them together, she couldn't help but hope that she would one day find love. Vivian was convinced that she already had, with Ronald Weasley.

The youngest Caspian disagreed. Though her feelings for the boy had grown, and were slowly continuing to grow, she knew that she was not in love with him. Not yet anyway. Vivian thought otherwise saying she could, "see it in her eyes." Evangeline had rolled her eyes at that. And though she didn't think that she was in love with the boy, seeing as they had only been dating a few months, she knew that it was possible that one day she would.

The two sixteen year olds had been writing one another nonstop since the end of term. They caught each other up on their lives and talked about anything and everything. Evangeline hadn't seen the boy since the end of the last term and was excited to see him again soon. Summer was beginning to come to an end and Ronald Weasley had somehow convinced her to come stay at his place for the last two weeks of summer.

Initially, she had refused, wanting to remain with her sister, Remus, and Tonks. But then Ron went on to say that his mother really wanted to meet her. In that case Evangeline had told him that she would definitely not come. She was too afraid to meet the woman and didn't feel ready yet. But he had somehow guilted her into agreeing to come and she had made sure that he knew that if Remus didn't allow her to go, she wouldn't.

So, she had asked him. In the back of her mind, she was hoping, no praying, that he would say no. He did. But Tonks, who had thought that Evangeline wanted to go not knowing that she didn't, had managed to convince him to let her. Saying something about Evangeline being young and in love, which Evangeline denied of course.

So in the end, Ron had gotten his way and Evangeline wasn't too thrilled about it. Vivian, however, was excited for her. The eldest Caspian had then made plans to spend the rest of her summer before her last year at Hogwarts in Italy. Evangeline didn't know how the girl had convinced Remus to that. Even though Vivian was technically of age, Remus still didn't want to let her out of his sight.