xiii. family fueds & stunning spell mishaps

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER THIRTEEN. FAMILY FUEDS & STUNNING SPELL MISHAPS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Evangeline's head rested in the palm of her hand as she half listened to Umbridge drone on and on about nonsense. Her cousin Gemma was sat next to her, furiously writing notes. Evangeline eyed the girl next to her before turning back to facing the front. Her eyes drooped slightly, the boredom she was feeling making her sleepy.

Gemma nudged her arm and it slipped out from under her. Evangeline's head dipped as the palm that she was resting it on had slipped down. She sent Gemma a fierce glare and the blonde only rolled her eyes. "Pay attention, unless you want another detention," she hissed. Evangeline almost shuddered at the word but kept her face neutral.

"Forgive me for not being interested in the bullshit that old hag is spewing from her lips," she muttered quietly. "You may not find it interesting, but you're gonna need to know it for the O.W.L.s," Gemma whispered. "We're also gonna need to know how to cast the defensive spells that we're learning or should I say not learning," Evangeline whispered back.

"Just shut up and take notes. Or at least pretend to. I don't want people to think that our family doesn't care about school just because you don't," Gemma replied before turning back to the paper in front of her. And that was the end of their conversation. The brunette wasn't surprised by the blonde's words, knowing that all she really cared about was her reputation and not whether or not Evangeline got another detention.

She wanted to slap the girl for saying that. Her studies happened to be very important to her and unlike Gemma, Evangeline liked to learn because she liked being knowledgeable. Gemma only wanted to pass her classes. By the end of the year, the blonde would forget everything unlike, Evangeline.

Evangeline's eyes scanned what was written on the chalkboard and she picked up her Phoenix quill, dipping it in the pot of ink on her desk. She began writing nonsense onto her parchment.

Her narrowed eyes swept across the room, looking at the individuals in the classroom. They landed on familiar red hair and Evangeline stared at the back of his head. Her mind wandered back to Ginny's words about family and wondering what it was like to have one that actually cared about you.

As if he felt her eyes on him, he turned around, but her eyes were already back on the parchment in front of her. He looked around the classroom in confusion. "Eyes on your paper, Mr. Weasley," Professor Umbridge said.

Ron did as he was told and went back to writing. Evangeline looked at Gemma as a question came to mind and Gemma ignored her stare. But the blonde was easily annoyed and her eyes snapped up to look at the brunette. "What?" She hissed. "Is there a reason that you pretend to be something that you're not?" She asked. Gemma was taken aback, "I beg your pardon?" Evangeline looked back at the parchment and began writing again.