xv. tutoring sessions

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN. TUTORING SESSIONS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was the third tutoring session that Evangeline and Ron had had in the library. The boy was completely hopeless. Evangeline found herself reteaching the same thing with each session. He was unable to grasp the concept and keep it in his mind at the same time. It was quite frustrating for her, to say the least.

She was currently glaring at the boy as he asked her to go over the movement of planets. She wouldn't have had a problem with it if she hadn't already explained it to him seven times in the span of twenty minutes. "It isn't that difficult, Ronald. It's probably one of the most simple concepts," she said with her head resting in the palm of her hand.

"I know, I know. It's just, why do the planets revolve around the sun?" He said. "Because the Sun's gravity pulls them toward it and keeps them in orbit," Evangeline answered again. Ron nodded, "Okay. So, what's gravity?" Evangeline's mouth fell open in shock. Was he serious? "You are the most aggravating person that I have ever met in my entire life!" She said for the umpteenth time that day.

"Bloody hell! How many times are you gonna say that?" He muttered. "As many times as it takes for you to stop being aggravating," she replied, her eyes narrowed. "Well forgive me for trying to pass Astronomy," he said, his own eyes narrowing. "If you don't know what gravity is, I'm sorry but you won't be passing Astronomy anytime soon," Evangeline responded with a shrug.

"Well, it's your job to make me understand all of this," he said. "My job? I don't have to help you. I'm doing it out of the kindness of my heart," she replied. Ron laughed, "Kindness? Heart? Since when do you have either of those things?" He meant it as a joke, but as soon as the words left his mouth, he realized how insulting they were. He opened his mouth again, ready to apologize when she threw a crumpled up piece of parchment at his face.

His mouth snapped shut and he looked at her to see that she was smiling, no, laughing. It wasn't long, but it was enough to make him completely mesmerized. She rolled her eyes at him and looked down at the open book in front of her. Ron Weasley stared at her in complete awe. The sound that came out of her mouth was not only pleasant, but also contagious. A smile of his own came to his face.

Evangeline looked back up at him and noticed his stare, rolling her eyes again. "You're doing it again," she noted. He shook his head, snapping himself out of the daze. "Doing what?" He asked. "Staring," she stated. "Sorry," he muttered, "It's just, I've never seen you smile before, let alone laugh."

"Oh," she said. "It's nice. Your smile. And your laugh too," he rushed. "Thanks, Ronald," Evangeline said, her cheeks beginning to tint a rosy pink. "You can call me Ron. If you want," he replied. She nodded her head before picking up her textbook and placing it in front of it. "Here. The definition of gravity," she said, pointing to it on the page. He was still looking at her though, something she noticed. She snapped her fingers in his face to get his attention, pointing at the book again when she got it.