xxxvii. unexpected heartbreak

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN. UNEXPECTED HEARTBREAK

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

Hermione led Evangeline back to the Gryffindor common room. Once they reached it and Hermione told the Fat Lady the password, they walked into the common room where the celebration had already begun. Evangeline could hear the Gryffindor students cheering Ron's name before she was all the way inside the common room. She tried to keep her emotions in check as Hermione pushed through the crowd.

It seemed that the two had arrived just in time to see the blonde girl that Evangeline had been having a bad feeling about, pull Ron to her and press her lips to his own. Ron begun kissing her back and the cheering slowed to a stop. Evangeline froze, her heart breaking even further in her chest. A crushing weight pushed against her chest, making it harder for her to breathe. She must have been Lavender.

Everyone was confused to see Ron and Lavender kissing because they knew that he was dating Evangeline. People looked between the two snogging and the broken hearted girl who couldn't seem to look away from the scene in front of her. Hermione was desperately trying to pull Evangeline away from the scene. Cleo was staring at Ron, eyes wide.

Evangeline finally snapped out of her daze and turned to the exit of the common room, Hermione chasing after her. Harry caught a glimpse of Evangeline running out of the common room before he turned back to Ron. He and Lavender were still kissing. "Oi, Ron! What are you doing?" Dean asked, pulling Ron away from the blonde girl. Harry made his way over to his best friend, more shocked than anyone else.

"Have you lost your mind? What— you're dating Evangeline!" He exclaimed. "Not anymore. He broke up with her," Lavender answered for the redhead. She was rather smug. Harry glared at the girl before turning back to his friend. "Ron? What's going on?" Harry asked him. "Nothing's going on, Harry. It just didn't work out," Ron answered. "Oh, and just when were you planning on telling me this?" Harry asked.

"I just did," Ron replied. Harry stepped away from him, shaking his head. He turned around and walked out of the common room, going to find Evangeline and Hermione.

Evangeline was sat next to Hermione on some stairs. The Granger girl had cast the bird making charm in an attempt to cheer her friend up. Multiple birds were flapping around the two. Evangeline usually liked birds, but right now, she couldn't even think about enjoying the flying creatures. She stared straight ahead, not a single word leaving her mouth. Hermione had an arm wrapped around her, though she didn't speak either.