xxxiii. the half-blood prince

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE. THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Please click the link in my bio to sign petitions and donate to the Black Lives Matter movement. There are also many other resources available in that link as to how you can help. Please share it as well!

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

It was cold. Way too cold to be sitting on the stands of the Quidditch pitch. But alas, there Evangeline was, sitting in the stands and freezing her butt off just to watch Quidditch tryouts. Now, if it were any other day, she wouldn't care less about Quidditch or its tryouts. Not that she cared right now.

But, Ron and Cleo were trying out for the team and it was Harry's first day as captain. Evangeline wanted to be a supportive girlfriend and friend. She was currently regretting her decision to come. Beside her was Hermione, who had also wanted to be a supportive friend. From where the girls sat, they had a good view of the pitch and an even better view of the players once they got into the air.

At the moment, Harry was trying to get everyone's attention. Nobody, except for Ron and Cleo, were listening to him. It was Ginny Weasley who had gotten everyone to shut up. "Have you ever thought about playing Quidditch?" Evangeline asked the girl sat next to her. Hermione didn't reply and Evangeline turned to look at her.

The Granger girl's eyes were fixated on a particular person in the stands a few rows away from them. Evangeline rolled her eyes at her friend. "So are either of you ever going to actually talk to the other? Or are you guys just gonna stare at each other all year long?" She asked. Hermione's gaze broke away from the boy and she looked at her friend. "W-what?" She asked.

Evangeline rolled her eyes again, "You and Aldon." Hermione cleared her throat and shook her head. "Me and Aldon? There is no me and Aldon," she denied. "Yeah, and there never will be if you never talk to him," Evangeline said. "I've talked to him before," Hermione replied. "Oh yeah? What about?" Evangeline asked. "Well, about assignments and how the other's day had been," she answered.

Evangeline sighed and shook her head. "I'm gonna start writing you that list now," she said. Evangeline looked back to where the boy sat, only to see Aldon looking up at them. He sent Hermione a wave and she timidly waved back. Evangeline smiled slightly at the little interaction. She could work with this.

From her seat, she could almost sense Ron's nerves. Before the tryouts, she had given him a pep talk, telling him that he would do great and be an awesome Keeper. She had hoped that it would boost his confidence. She wasn't sure that it had. When his eyes met hers, she sent him a wave and a thumbs up. He nodded his head and looked across the pitch.