xxxviii. slug club parties

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT. SLUG CLUB PARTIES

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

If Evangeline was being honest, she did not want to attend Professor Slughorn's party. In fact, it was the last place that she wanted to be. It had been a month since she and Ron broke up. She was slowly beginning to move on, her heart beginning to heal. It was difficult to do when everywhere she turned, she saw Ron and Lavender snogging. The sight always made her sick.

And now she was attending a party that she was meant to be going with Ron to. And she didn't want to go. But here she was, wearing a blue dress and black heels, waiting for Vivian to arrive. Hermione had already left with Aldon, vowing to meet her friend there. Evangeline was happy for Hermione, hoping that things went well for her tonight.

Vivian finally arrived, wearing a red dress and matching heels. She smiled when she saw her younger sister. "You look pretty," she noted. "Thanks, you too," Evangeline replied. Vivian could sense her somewhat sour mood and sighed. "We don't have to go if you don't want to. I could always sneak into the kitchens and get some cookies," she said but Evangeline shook her head.

"We're already dressed. We might as well go," she said. Vivian nodded and the two made their way out of the Gryffindor house. The two walked through the castle to where the party was being held. When they arrived, they were greeted by Professor Slughorn who had asked Evangeline to take a picture with him. She agreed and the two walked to where a camera had been set up.

Evangeline smiled for the camera, a bright light flashing as the picture was taken. "Enjoy the party," Professor Slughorn said before walking away. She met up with Vivian again, the two walking around the room. Neville approached them, holding a tray of drinks in his hands. "Hey," he greeted. "Oh, hey Neville," Vivian said. "Drink?" He offered, holding out the tray to them. Vivian nodded and took a glass, handing it to Evangeline before grabbing one for herself.

Neville turned to Evangeline with a kind smile. "How're you doing?" He questioned and she shrugged. "I'm okay. Wasn't really in the mood for a party but hey, maybe I'll have fun," she replied. He nodded, "I hope so." He sent the girls another smile before walking off. Evangeline brought the glass to her lips, taking a sip of the liquid.

Her eyebrows raised at the taste. She didn't know what it was, but she liked it. The two made their way to a table full of food and began making themselves a plate. Evangeline just picked up random things and put them on the plate, not caring what it was or how it tasted. She looked around the party and spotted Hermione and Aldon chatting and laughing.