xlv. farewell professor

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE. FAREWELL PROFESSOR

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Evangeline was startled as she was shaken awake. Her tired eyes opened and met Cleo's. The girl looked down at Evangeline with sadness in her eyes. "W-what's going on?" Evangeline asked.

Cleo's bottom lip began to tremble. "It's Professor Dumbledore. Something's happened," she replied. Evangeline looked around the once dark room, only now noticing that the light was on.

"What happened?" She asked. Her eyes moved to Hermione, who was standing in the doorway, when Cleo hadn't responded. Neither girl said anything and a sickening feeling began to settle into the pit of Evangeline's stomach.

The three made their way out of Gryffindor tower. They weren't the only ones either. In fact, every Gryffindor was up and making their way outside. When she had gotten outside, Evangeline saw that students from every house had gathered outside. She pushed her way through the crowd in order to get to the front. No one said anything to her or paid her any attention as she shoved her way past them. They were all too shocked to comprehend what was happening.

A sharp intake of air entered Evangeline's lungs once she had made it to the front of the crowd of students and Professors. Albus Dumbledore was laid on the ground before her. His eyes were open, staring up at the dark night sky. Completely lifeless.

Immediately her breathing picked up. Her head was spinning, thoughts flying all over the place. She was confused. What happened? How did this happen? Did someone do this? If so, who? And why hadn't she had any sort of bad feeling of something like this happening like she had with the Death Eaters?

She felt as though she were going to be sick.

Hermione and Cleo managed to push their way to the front as well, coming to a stop next to Evangeline. She hadn't really noticed them when they got to her, nor had she noticed Ron coming to stand beside her. Her attention remained solely on the man who lie in front of her.

Ron's hand found her own but she hadn't even registered it, not even when he had squeezed it tightly. When she did look over at him, her eyes held a mixture of sadness and confusion. "I-I feel like should've felt something," she whispered.

"What? What do you mean?" He asked.

"With the Death Eaters, I felt something. I had a warning. I should've had a warning," she muttered. Ron didn't respond.