◜ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1◞

❝ and everywhere we gothe sun will always shinebut tomorrow we might awakeon the other side❞

and everywhere we go
the sun will always shine
but tomorrow we might awake
on the other side

"Detective Lee," Clenching his right hand into a fist, he slams it on the table, causing the water bottle to fall on the floor

"Detective Lee," Clenching his right hand into a fist, he slams it on the table, causing the water bottle to fall on the floor. "How many times do I have to tell you that someone wants us dead?" He is mad, and he can't just keep calm, because he was asked the same question more than ten times. "He wants us all dead!"

"Calm down, kid." Detective Lee knows that he has been keeping the boy more than an hour in interrogation room, but he has no choice but to hear the truth from the only one who has witnessed Jung Hoseok being shot right in the heart.

"How the fu—" The boy lets out a breath, and remembers to choose his words, carefully. "How do you expect me to calm down?" He covers his face in frustration, not wanting to show his tears to the detective, because the boy was once told that men don't cry, which is not right in my opinion. "My friend is struggling with death at the hospital, and I'm sitting here with you, repeating the same bullshit over and over," He wipes the tears that have already fallen on his soft cheeks, and stands up from the chair to leave. "What if he dies, and I'm just wasting my time by being here?"

The boy walks towards the door to leave the interrogation room, and this is when detective Lee shouts out his name, "Kim Taehyung—" But, he is cut off when the boy leaves there without even wanting to listen to the detective, and heads to the hospital with the chance of seeing his friend, once again.

Now that the detective is left alone to examine every word that has come out of the boy's mouth, he can not think straight, and focus on the case.

The door opens, and detective Kim walks in, throwing a case on the table in front of his colleague, and of course, his best friend, which leads detective Lee to ask a question, "What is this?"

Detective Kim starts to explain everything about the case, but he suddenly stops when he notices that his best friend is lost in the dark sea of his own thoughts. "You just can't do this to yourself, Taemin," He looks at detective Lee who has puffy eyes because of staying up late at nights to figure this shit out. "As your best friend, I say that you need to take a day off."

Detective Lee shakes his head, and rubs the back of his own head. "Something is not just right." His best friend knows the fact that detective Lee is tired, and can not concentrate very well on anything, but he also does not understand why he would say such things.

"What do you mean?" Finally, detective Kim dares to ask a question as he is crossing his arms, having his eyes narrowed, trying to listen to detective Lee who is muttering something under his breath.

"One of them is hiding a killer behind his mask."

author's noteso, yeah, here's the first chapter as i promised

author's note
so, yeah, here's the first chapter as i promised. [yes, i'm back from the vacation]

trust me, this book will get better and better as the story goes on. don't miss it.

♡ily♡