◜ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16◞

❝ I grew a flowerthat can't be bloomedin a dreamthat can't come true ❞

I grew a flower
that can't be bloomed
in a dream
that can't come true

"First, it was Jung Hoseok, the boy who was shot in the heart, then it was Kim Seokjin, the boy who was stabbed with a knife, and now, it is Park Jimin, the boy who was poisoned," Detective Lee says as he pins their photos on the board right on th...

"First, it was Jung Hoseok, the boy who was shot in the heart, then it was Kim Seokjin, the boy who was stabbed with a knife, and now, it is Park Jimin, the boy who was poisoned," Detective Lee says as he pins their photos on the board right on the location where they died. "I don't know what this killer is after."

"Maybe, revenge?" Detective Kim questions, and his colleague remains silent in order to listen to the rest of his words. "I'm not sure who the killer is, yet, but I know one thing for sure that the killer will take off his mask soon."

Detective Lee slams a piece of paper on the table while detective Kim jumps because of this sudden noise which has filled the room. "This creepy note was found beside Kim Seokjin's dead body."

Detective Kim looks at the note in order to read it, but he is left wordless.

'em it el oh ws ih tt ra eh ym ni gn id lo hn ee be va hi eg du rg eh tf oe su ac eb en oy be no ll am eh tl li ko tg ni yr ts io hw en oe ht eb th gi mi wo nk ye ht hg uo ht la ts om eh te mt su rt ye ht'

"What the fuck is this?!" Shockingly, Detective Kim asks, and his friend laughs when he sees that detective Kim is trying his best to solve this puzzle but is left clueless in the end. "Is this some kind of code?"

"In order to understand what it says, try to read it backwards, then try your best to separate the words from each other," Detective Lee suggests, and his colleague grabs the note to think better on what he was told to do. "Can you read it, now?"

"Wait a second— yes, it says, they trust me the most although they know I might be the one who is trying to kill them all one by one because of the grudge I have been holding in my heart this whole time."

Detective Lee claps his hands to encourage his colleague. "Well done, Jonghyun," He smiles, and grabs the note out of his hand to pin it on the board. "Honestly, I always thought that you were dumb."

"Do you want me to take that as a compliment?" Detective Kim asks, and waits for his friend to say 'no', but detective Lee is much more complicated than it seems.

"You think I care?"

They both start to laugh, unaware of the fact that somebody is having his eyes on them with a sniper through the window, holding his finger on the trigger, not knowing which target to pick first.