◜ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25◞

❝ I walk on this seesaw without youjust like the beginningwhen you weren't here ❞

I walk on this seesaw without you
just like the beginning
when you weren't here

"Have a seat," Detective Lee says to the boy who is afraid, not knowing what the detective is going to ask him

"Have a seat," Detective Lee says to the boy who is afraid, not knowing what the detective is going to ask him. "So, Kim Taehyung, who is the killer in your opinion?"

Taehyung remains silent, and keeps staring at the empty wall behind the detective who is running out of patience.

"Taehyung," Detective Lee calls out the boy's name with a soft voice which causes Taehyung to hold up his head in order to let his eyes meet with the detective's. "You are one of my good friends, Taehyung, so please, if you have any information that can lead us to the killer, let me know."

Still, the poor lonely boy prefers silence over talking.

"Do you remember when you came to me for help?"

"Yes, I do, but you have done nothing for us," Finally, Taehyung speaks up as he is having his both hands clenched into fists. "My friends are dead, anyway."

"You can still help me find the killer," Detective Lee says, and tries to find an easy way to get some good information from the boy. "I know that you know who the killer is, Taehyung."

Taehyung avoids the eye contact. "I can't—" He is cut off when the detective speaks, himself.

"Yes, you can," Detective Lee encourages him to talk. "Don't be scared. He can't hurt you. I promise."

"There are so many empty promises that we can't keep, detective Lee," Taehyung says, and slams his hand on the table as it is clenched into a fist. "So many empty promises that Namjoon couldn't keep."

"What do you mean?"

"Yoongi killed Hoseok." Taehyung tries to change the subject, because he doesn't want to talk about how Namjoon betrayed on his feelings with Seokjin.

"How do I know that you are telling the truth?" Detective Lee is not that shocked, because he still doesn't know whether to trust the boy or not although Taehyung was the only one who had witnessed Hoseok dying little by little, the poor boy who was shot right in the heart. "Why didn't you report this sooner?"

"I was scared, and I-I didn't know what to do," Tear drops start running down his cheeks. "No, no, no, men don't cry."

"Excuse me?" Detective Lee questions since he thinks that he has not heard the boy just right, but Taehyung remains silent, and stares at the white empty wall which is behind the detective. "Okay, Taehyung, thanks for your time," He says to the boy who seems to be lost in his own thoughts. "You may leave, now."

When Taehyung leaves the interrogation room, the detective is left alone to examine his sentences, but he reaches a deadend. He doesn't know whether Taehyung is telling the truth or he is just lying to save himself.

There is only one way to figure it out.

Jeon Jungkook.

author's notei think this book will have less than 30 chapters

author's note
i think this book will have less than 30 chapters. in that case, we're close to the ending, guys. so close.