Chapter 1

What's up? This is the first chapter. I'm actually pretty excited to write this because I love these cross overs! Anyways the song is'Before You Start Your Day' by twenty one pilots. Thanks!

Sam and Dean were dropped off at a hunter friend of their father's. She had recently stopped because of the birth of her son, Percy. John still wouldn't let Sam or Dean go on the hunts that concerned the thing that killed their mother. To be fair Sam is only ten. Sam doesn't remember much of his mom, but his older brother, Dean, does. He remembers what it's like to have a normal childhood and wants that for Sam. He tries his best to give it to Sam, but their constant moving around and largely absent father doesn't help. Sally does though, she makes them food, doesn't expect them to take care of one another, and pays attention to them. She plays games with them and tells them stories that aren't about monsters or demons. She makes them cookies, she reminds Dean of his mom, so loving and kind. Sally was the reason they were in the big city. She knows the signs and called John because she has a baby to take care of. She insisted on taking the boys in instead of John just dumping them at some crappy motel. They were currently walking home from the park, Percy was asleep in the stroller being pushed by Sally and the Winchesters were in front of the carriage because New York's small side walks don't work well for families. "Dean, I want to stay with Miss Sally." Sam confessed to his brother. "You know we can't do that, Sammy. We have to stay with dad." Dean reminded him. Sam's shoulders slumped. He knew that would be Dean's answer, but he was hoping he'd at least consider it. She was the nicest lady. She never raised her voice or talked down to him. She listened to him and helped him with homework. She made sure that he understood what was going on and never left him in the dark. She was honest. He also really loved not being the youngest with Percy around. Percy was the funniest baby. He really loved playing with hair and glasses. Dean pulled Sam close in what was a comforting side embrace as they walked. This warmed Sally's heart, she could see how much Dean really cared for his little brother. She wanted to help them, but she knew she couldn't. She's known John a long time and knew he was more stubborn than anything else and wouldn't stop until he got justice for Mary. She didn't want to be that to Percy, that's why she stopped hunting. They finally arrived at Sally's apartment building. Sally's apartment was small, one bathroom, two bedrooms, a living room and a small kitchen that had a four person table. It was the perfect size for just Sally and Percy. She insisted that Sam and Dean slept in her room as she slept in the room with Percy. She didn't want Percy's crying to wake them up and said she'd be the worst host if she made them sleep in the living room. "Why don't you two go get washed up and I'll put Percy to bed and make some lunch. How's that sound?" "That sounds great, Miss Jackson, thank you." Dean replied. "Oh, you don't have to thank me dear. Also, just Sally is fine."She smiled as she picked up Percy. She really loves the boys. They're so polite. They all left to do their personal things.

<Time skip to 3AM>

Sally was startled awake by Percy crying. She gently slipped out from between Dean and Sam being sure to not wake them. They must've fallen asleep. She was baffled that they've never seen Star Wars and insisted that they watch all of them. She walked down the hall and was about to walk in when she saw a figure standing over Percy. She gasped, it better not have done anything to her son. She silently grabbed the vase of flowers from her decorative table. It may seem like nothing, but the water that the flowers sat in was holy water. She took the flowers and set them on the table. She walked into the room and the presumed demon looked up. His job was done, but Sally didn't need to know that. "Get away from my son!" Sally growled.  "Why don't you make me?"  The figure growled. He flicked his fingers and threw Sally against the wall. Sally was fat though and threw the vase and hit him with the holy water. This made his hold on her lessen.  She pushed the demon down and grabbed her son.  Both Sam and Dean woke up from the Boise and came running towards it. Forever the heroes. "Guys, I need you to take Percy, his emergency bag is in the closet next to the doors. I'll be out soon. Whatever you do, don't come back in."  Sally was so serious that they couldn't even argue. She kissed Percy on the head and opened the drawer of the decorative table and pulled out a wicked looking knife.  She watched the boys recede down the hallway and towards the door. She heard the demon get up from his shocked state. He didn't know that he was messing with the toughest New York family, the Jacksons.  Sally took a deep breath and faced her emanate death.  She knew she couldn't face this demon and win.  She hasn't fought in over a year and this demon was extremely powerful.  She just wanted to give the boys time.

        Sam and Dean were standing in the cold outside.  They couldn't seem to console Percy.  "Dean, we need to go and help her!"  Sam insisted.  "We can't, Sammy.  We have to stay with Percy."  Dean told his brother reluctantly.  He really wanted to, but his will to keep his brother and Percy safe overpowered that.  He hoped more than anything that Sally would come back out and call them back in and make them hot chocolate or something.  She is the nicest lady he knew.  She's the nicest lady anyone could know.  His hopes dropped when he smelled the familiar scent of fire.  His hopes slowly turned into anger.  It must have been the same thing that killed his mother.  This monster made a baby an orphan.  Percy had the best mother and now because of the monster it is had and not has.  Dean made a silent vow to Percy that night:  I will do everything in my power to help you kill the thing that killed your mother.

Okay so this is the first chapter.  So sorry that it is a bit all over the place.  Also RIP Sally, the best woman to ever exist.  Anyways thanks for reading and I'll try to update soon.  Love y'all.