Chapter One

***

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and slammed my fist on the snooze button. I sat up and rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes.

Why am I up so early? I thought.

Suddenly I bolted out of bed to get ready.

My best friend Hayes Grier was coming home from tour today!

We have been best friends since, well, birth and we've done everything together. I mean, before he and Nash became famous and went on all these tours. But that doesn't make Hayes and me any less of friends.

We're inseparable even though we have next to nothing in common. Except for us both being loud an obnoxious we have different interests.

He likes chocolate

I like Skittles

He likes spending the day outside

I'd rather spend the day in bed.

But it all pans out... sort of.

While I was thinking about how much I missed my best friend, I didn't even realize I was almost ready. I had on black shorts and a white tank top with a bunch of big cities printed on the front. I brushed my teeth and hair, quickly swiped on eyeliner and mascara and ran downstairs to see my mom already in the kitchen.

"HAYES IS COMING HOME TODAY!" I screamed.

"I KNOW! WE'RE GOING TO PICK HIM AND NASH UP!" my mom screamed back.

We started screaming and dancing around the kitchen.

"What time does their flight land?" I asked while stopping suddenly.

"9:30. We're going to leave around 8 so go finish getting ready" she said.

"Mom, it's the airport. I'm not trying to impress anyone and I'm sure not trying to impress Hayes. He already knows I'm fabulous," I said sarcastically.

She just chuckled.

My mom used to be worried about me having a crush on him so she limited the amount of time I spent with him. But by the time I turned twelve she saw that we're just friends and left it as it was.

I don't have a crush on him though. I mean sure he's decent looking but he's just as weird and obnoxious as I am.

I looked at the clock and it said 7:45. I decided I couldn't wait to see him any longer so we left. My mom went to start the car while I ran to say good bye to my dad.

He wasn't awake yet so I quietly opened the door to my parents bedroom and tiptoed to the side of the bed he was sleeping on. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and stomped back towards the door screaming, "BYE DAD!"

Oops...

I jumped in the front seat of my mom's white SUV and we headed towards the airport.

I couldn't wait to see him.