Chapter Two

On our way to the airport to pick up Nash and Hayes my mom and I jammed out to the radio.

"Ain't it funnn, LIVIN IN THE REAL WORLD!" my mom bursted out. I started cracking up. My mom is so tone deaf.

I channel surfed for a while until heard the opening keys to one of my favorite songs, Black Parade by My Chemical Romance.

"Oh my God I haven't heard this song in forever! Mom don't sing, don't ruin my favorite song!"

She pretended to act hurt and frowned while I just leaned my head against the window.

I stared out at the North Carolina highway that was surprisingly clear for a morning, whispering the opening: When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band...

I felt like I was in a music video the way I'm reacting to this song.

I hadn't realized the song ended like five minutes ago and was listening to another song. My mom was back to singing badly along to already tacky songs.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Luckily I didn't sound nearly as bad as my mom.

***

We pulled into the airport's parking garage at around 9:20 and I jumped out of the vehicle before she could safely finish parking.

"Jess slow down," my mom said as I bolted towards the entrance, "You're gonna get hit!"

She was probably right so I slowed down just a little bit as I turned my head to face her.

"He is my best friend, Mom. Internal bleeding and broken legs aren't gonna stop me from seeing him," I joked as I ran inside of the building.

I waited for my mom at the door because I had no idea what gate we were meeting them. After what seemed like an eternity later my mom finally caught up with me.

"Gate 26 D arriving: San Diego," she said cheerfully. Once again I ran down to find that gate. Wait, I'm pretty sure we weren't even on the right floor since all I saw was luggage...

My mom pulled out the glittery mini poster I made the night before. It said "HAYES" in bright green lettering, and "and Nash.." in smaller letters underneath.

The plane landed at about the time we arrived at the right gate. There were SO many obsessed girls waiting that we had no where to sit. So I just stood on someone's suitcase and held up my sign.

Suddenly the door opened and everyone started screaming.

First Matthew Espinosa walked out and gladly took pictures with them. I admit I wanted to get a picture with him because, come on, Matt Espinosa guys.

I couldn't see if Nash and Hayes walked out yet and I didn't even bother to scream for them. So I just waved my glitter poster around while jumping hysterically.

***

Half an hour later and these girls finally left. The chick whose suitcase I was dancing on took it away and glared at me, but some of the chairs were now open so I sat with my poster in the seat next to me.

I just wanted to see my best friend. Why did you have to be famous you butt face. Then we could hang out like we used to. 

I put my elbows on my knees and rested my face in my hands.

I heard a rustling next to me and I faced towards where my poster lay. Cameron Dallas sat next to me with my poster in his hands.

"Did you make this? Awesome!" he said. I just squeaked in reply. Just because I'm friends with Hayes and his brother doesn't mean I hang out with the rest of the guys. So in short I pretty much died inside.

"They'll be back pretty soon," he said smiling brightly. "You must be who Hayes was talking about the whole tour. Jamie?"

"Uhh.. Jessi."

"Right. Are you his girlfriend because I swear your name is all that came out of his face the entire trip." 

I laughed loudly.

"No, no. We're just REALLY good friends. I know way too much about him to be his girlfriend." I replied still amused.

"Ohh of course," he said winking.

"No! I swear. That'-"

Someone with huge hands covered my face.

"Guess who?" someone said with a voice that was clearly Nash's.

"Luke Hemmings?" I said excitedly. He removed his hands and faced me with a look of disgust on his face. "Oh... it's just you."

He pretended to be hurt and gave me a sad face. But by now I was done playing around so I ran into his arms as he bear hugged me. He's six feet tall and I'm only like 5'1" so he effortlessly lifted me off my feet and swung me around in circles.

"NASH NASH NASH I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I screamed into his shoulder. He set me down. We talked anything and everything. From creepy fans to weird trips. Then I remembered: HAYES!

" Wait, where's-"

"Me?" a familiar voice from behind me said. I huge smile appeared on my face as I turned and saw, standing about ten feet away from me, a face I could never never forget. My best friend,

Hayes Grier