Chapter Three

I ran as fast as I could towards Hayes. He was smiling as widely as I was as he stood there with his arms wide open awaiting a long overdue hug.

I crashed into him and enveloped him in the biggest hug I've ever given anyone.

My eyes were getting blurry but I willed myself not to cry. I've never cried in front of him and now didn't seem like the time to start.

We rocked side to side for a while when I heard him say, "I missed you, homie."

I laughed.

"I missed you too, you dork," I mumbled into his chest. After we separated we babbled on about his wild fan experiences and how he tried to crowd surf but got dropped, and I told him about how I accidentally broke his penny board last week and promised to get him a new one.

"That was my favorite thing in the world, Jessi," he said with slight irritation.

"Wait, I thought I was your favorite thing in the world," I joked.

"You wish you were worthy enough of being my favorite thing in the world,"

Hayes responded.

I gasped. "Well maybe I won't buy you a new penny board." He just glared at me. We've been together for five minutes and it's already like he's never left.

We headed towards the baggage claim and they grabbed their bags, took some pictures with fans.

It was late morning by now so we decided to get some food before heading home. Hayes and I lead the way toward the food section of the airport. The way there Hayes was talking about his best experiences. It made me really happy that something has made him so passionate.

We ordered food and sat at an open table I little more separate from people. I got to know Cameron more so I wasn't drooling over the sight of him anymore. He was actually a really sweet guy. 

They all talked more about the meet and greets the other guys. I couldn't wait to meet them all.

We finished our food and started back to the airport parking garage.

We all sat in the back and goofed off the entire ride home. We made a few vines and uploaded pictures on Instagram. I took a picture of all three of them caught mid-laugh and captioned it Glad to have you back!! I tagged them and uploaded it to my page.

I was most likely going to get hate comments but I could care less because I was so glad to have Hayes to hang out with.

We pulled into my driveway and hopped out. Hayes lives down the street from me so we all walked to his house. Nash knocked and his mom, Elizabeth, opened the door.

"Nash, Hayes! You're finally home!" She hugged her sons as Cameron and I stood behind them awkwardly. 

"Jessi! Come here," Elizabeth said to me. I walked over to her and she wrapped me in a hug. "Thanks for helping with Skylynn."

"It was really no problem at all, Mrs. Floyd." I said back.

Nash and Cameron were going to stay in North Carolina for a week before flying back to L.A. Hayes took his luggage to his room and we walked back to my house. His mom didn't mind since that's where he seemed to always be.

"What do you wanna do for the rest of the day?" Hayes asked me.

"Pizza and Netflix?"

"No, I've been sitting for hours. Let's walk around or something."

"Um, how about the mall?" I said after pondering for a while.

"Well.." he replied hesitantly.

"Come on, Hayes" I groaned as I inserted my house key into the lock and walked inside of my house.

"Do I look mall ready to you? I'm not walking around looking like this ," he indicated to his bed head, baggy sweats and one of Nash's t-shirts.

"Alright princess, we're going to the mall so get over it," I said walking into my room. "Besides you keep a stash of clothes in my closet anyways so you can just change."

Hayes groaned again and shuffled to my closet and pulled out the first sign of male clothing.

"I'm gonna take a shower," he told me as he shuffled towards my bathroom.

I grunted in reply as I plopped down in the navy blue bean bag in the corner of my room going through my social media. Thanks to Hayes, my Instagram went from 400 followers to 40,000 followers.

After about five minutes of that I got up and walked to my mirror and dresser to freshen up a bit. All of a sudden Hayes started singing, "You light me up inside like the Fourth of July.."

I walked over to my bathroom and quietly jiggled the door knob to see if it was locked. It wasn't.

I swiftly walked in and flushed the toilet then ran out.

"...And singing in the shower. La da- AGGGHHH!!!!"

"THAT'S WHAT I THINK OF YOUR SINGING" I shouted from the other side of the door.

"AAAGGHHH" he shouted back. I lost it at this point and was crouched up in my bed gasping for air. I heard the door open again and he threw his towel at me.

"I hate you, jerk," he said to me as he walked over to my mirror and ran his fingers through his damp hair.

I tossed the towel in the laundry basket.

"I love you, too" I said still giggling.

I missed this kid with all my heart.

I hugged his tall frame and looked at our reflection in the mirror. He looked at our reflection with disgust and I laughed again.

"Come on let's go," I said. We raced each other down the stairs and met my mom in the living room as she was watching Friends.

"Hey, what's with the stomping?" my mom asked.

"Sorry, Mom. Can you drive us to the mall?" I responded.

"Sure, dear," she said happily as I ran to grab her keys and my wallet.

We walked to the driveway where the SUV was parked and we climbed in. She started the car and we drove to the mall, once again screeching along to the radio.

The whole car ride would take like ten minutes tops but being with my best friend makes time seem to waste away.