three

next morning, 8:45 AM

The light shining from the large window woke me from my slumber. My eyes peeled open, and I looked around, noticing Dean was still in my bed, and his arm was still wrapped tightly around me. I furrowed my brows at the sight. His light snores were the only thing filling the silence in the room, and I quickly jumped as there was a knock at the door.

I shook my head in disbelief, that I would even let Dean sit down next to me for that long, let alone allow him fall asleep in my bed. I shivered as the warm parts of my body were suddenly cold and I walked to the door, pulling it open.

"Hey, Kaia," Joe stood there, peering down the hall briefly. "Have you seen Dean? He left the bar last night alone and no one has seen him since,"

"Oh, Dean? I, uh— He's, um—"

"I didn't expect you of all people to know, but I thought I'd ask," he nodded as Colby joined him, only making matters worse.

"What's that?" Colby asked, pointing inside the room. I peered over my shoulder and seen Dean's leather jacket sitting on the dresser, and I let out a deep sigh.

"Well, last night, Dean came over and wanted to watch the movie with me because I was still sad, and he just kind of fell sleep," I told them, swallowing the rock in my throat. "I didn't mean for him to stay, I was just so tired, and—"

"He slept on the floor or the chair, right?" Colby asked, sticking his hand up to stop me from talking.

"Colby, it wasn't like that. Stop being so—"

"I told you to stay away from him, Kaia. I shouldn't have to—"

"I'm sorry that he was there to comfort me when you weren't, Colby. Nothing happened. We watched the movie, and just fell asleep," I told him, growing frustrated with his overprotective attitude. "Would it make you feel better if I went and woke him up and asked him to leave?"

"I just don't want him to hurt you, Kaia. I like Dean, but I don't want to have to beat his ass for hurting you," he told me, crossing his arms.

"I don't like him, Colby. How many times do I have to say it? He knows it, you know it, Joe knows it. I don't like Dean!" I said, running my hands through my hair. "I'm not falling for anything. He's being a friend in a time of need, which obviously I need. Are we done here?"

"Fine, Kaia. Sorry," Colby rolled his eyes before taking off down the hall, leaving a wide eyed Joe.

"See you, Kaia," he said before following Colby. I shook my head and sighed, closing the door behind me. I walked back over to the bed, where Dean sat, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

"Awe, c'mon. You don't even like me a little?" he asked, raising his brows.

"I mean... You're a friend," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Actually, you're more of an acquaintance,"

"Jeez. You're nicer when you're crying," he frowned playfully, sticking out his bottom lip. "So, uh, why is Colby so frank about you staying away from me?"

"Reasons," I said, pulling a bottle of water out from the mini fridge.

"They charge you for those, you know?" he asked, standing up to pull up his jeans.

"It's not me paying for the room,"

"True. Anyways, what's so bad about me? Am I not even allowed to be near you?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

"I don't know, Dean," I said as he inched closer to me, making me furrow my brows.

"Well, if they knew about the great sex we had last night, they wouldn't be so judgmental," he smirked, reaching to grab my waist.