nine

sunday, Cincinnati, Ohio

"She was a great woman, Jon,"

"She'll be missed,"

"If there's anything I can do for you, Jon, please let us know,"

"I just want this to be over," Jonathan told me, holding my hand tightly. "I just want everyone to be gone so I can say my goodbyes and leave."

"I know, Jonathan," I sighed, leaning my head on his arm. "Just stay patient, okay? People are getting ready to leave,"

"I don't know why I didn't ever mentally prepare myself for this," he sighed, leaning against the wall. "This fucking sucks,"

"I'm sorry, honey," I sighed, kissing his arm before he reached to cup my chin, holding me still so he could press his lips to mine.

"I love you so much, y'know? More than anything in this world," he told me before wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you more," I sighed before I felt him pull away slightly.

"Hi, Moxley!" a woman squealed, making me jump.

"Oh dear god," Jonathan sighed, grabbing my waist tightly. "What the good hell are you doing here?"

"I came with my mom. And it wouldn't hurt to be able to support you, would it?" she asked, making me furrow my brows.

"Yeah, I don't love that you're here," he said, pulling me away from the beaming woman.

"C'mon, Mox," she frowned before Jonathan pulled me into his arms.

"No, no," he said, shielding me away from her. "If you can't tell, I am kind of busy,"

"Got you a new cum-rag, huh?" the girl asked, making Jonathan spin around quickly.

"Don't you dare," he growled before I tugged on his arm.

"Jonathan, please," I pleaded, pulling him away from the blonde. He turned around and grabbed my wrist tightly, pulling me into the viewing room, where the urn with his mother's ashes and memorabilia were.

"Is it almost time to wrap this up?" he asked the funeral director.

"Yes. We just asked for the room to be cleared for the family goodbyes," the man nodded. I looked around at the people who poured out of the room, leaving Jonathan and I alone. "We'll wait for the rest of the family,"

"There's no one else," Jon said simply, making my heart break that much more.

"We'll leave you to do so, then," the man nodded before turning to walk out the door.

"Do you want me to go, Jon?" I asked as he stared blankly down at the urn.

"No," he said sternly, sliding his hand into mine, locking our fingers tightly.

"I love you, Jonathan," I sighed, leaning my head on his arm.

"Sh-She would have loved you so much," he said, holding back tears. "If there is one thing in my life that I will ever regret, it's not introducing you to her before she died,"

"I know, Jonathan. I'm sure she will know that," I said, unsure of how to comfort him.

"Fuck," he groaned, shaking his head. I pulled him into my arms, holding him tightly as I felt him shake as he sobbed. "W-We never got along when I was young, but we were like best friends when I got older. I loved her so much. We were alone here, and we only had each other for a while. You're the only person I've ever loved as much as her. No one ever has even come close,"