fourteen

next morning

"Kaia," Colby whispered as he gently shook me.

"What?" I groaned, pulling the blanket up and over my head.

"You need to go talk to Dean. C'mon, up," he grabbed the blanket and ripped it off me before grabbing my arms and pulling me up to my feet.

"Do I have to?" I whined, walking to the bathroom to look in the mirror.

"Yes, Kaia. He's sober, you're calm. If you don't talk, you'll both regret it," he said, crossing his arms.

"Fine," I sighed, moping back to where my suitcase was, rummaging through it to grab a quick outfit. I frowned as I came across Jon's shirts he gave me, and I pulled them out quickly. I went through all my clothes before making a stack of all of Jonathan's clothes, setting it on Colby's bed before I went to the bathroom to change.

"What are these?" Colby asked after I walked out of the bathroom.

"All of Jonathan's shirts he gave me," I said, shoving my old clothes away and grabbing the stack of clothing.

"Good luck, sister," he finally said, ushering me to the door. "Text me if you need back up,"

"I won't, but thanks," I flashed a fake smile before walking down the hall slowly, trying to decide what I wanted to say to him when I got there. Nothing but 'I'm sorry, I love you' came into mind, but I couldn't force myself to say that.

I sighed and unlocked our room, pushing the door open quickly and walking inside, making sure it was closed behind me. I turned and seen Jonathan sitting at the edge of the bed, his fingers tugging at his own curls, his chest heaving rapidly.

"J-Jonathan," I said before looked up. My heart shattered as tears were streaming down his bright red cheeks.

"Kaia," he jumped up and walked quickly over to me, making me flinch away.

"Don't," I warned him, crossing my arms.

"Baby, please let me explain," he sighed, reaching to wipe his emotions away. "I-I didn't mean to hurt you,"

"You didn't mean to hurt me, Jonathan? What did you think placing bets on me would do, Jon? It sure as hell wouldn't make me happy," I said calmly, shaking my head. "I love you, Jon, and I always thought sex was something between two people who love each other so much. I genuinely thought this whole threesome thing with Joe was just one of your sexual fantasies, and I was okay with that. To find out it was because you lost a bet? I am not okay with that,"

"Baby, please—"

"Quit baby-ing me! I am pissed off at you right now, and I don't want you to call me baby," I said, crossing my arms. "I-I feel like a piece of fucking meat, Jon. I've only ever had sex with four men. It would have been three, but then there was Joe. Sex is something that I only do if I trust the other person! I-I trusted you!"

"Kaia, please let me explain," he said, grabbing ahold of my hands.

"Go on, then. Explain how you let your friends ask to fuck me, Jon. Go ahead," I said, raising my brows. He stopped— his face was blank and his eyes were locked on mine as more tears shed.

"I-I can't. There's no explanation," he finally said, letting my hands fall. "I am the biggest piece of shit when I drink. I'm done drinking. For good. I am so sorry, Kaia. I'm so fucking sorry,"

"I want to say it's okay, but it isn't," I said as he fell to his knees. He was a hot mess, and I hated it.

"You should leave me. You deserve better, Kaia. I don't deserve the love you offer," he said shakily, making me fall to kneel in front of him. "I love you, Kaia Jade. Y-You go out there and find someone who can love you right,"