seventeen

I set the note aside and wiped my tears away that blurred my vision. I smiled down at his sloppy handwriting as my heart swole up in my chest.

I knew he was a big ol' teddy bear.

I composed myself before getting off the bed and walking back downstairs, finishing picking up the house and making sure everything was tidy for Jon's return home.

I drove speedily to the hospital, anxious to be able to bring Jonathan home so we could talk about everything. I wanted him to know I was upset about him taking the pills, but to show him that I would still support him.

From: Colby
We're heading down. You don't need to come in.

I bounced my leg nervously as I watched Colby and Jonathan walk out of he hospital. Their eyes found the car immediately, and Jon waved me out of the car.

"I'm driving," he said before I shook my head.

"You just got out of the hospital. I'm driving," I said, crossing my arms.

"Move it, sassy-pants," he smirked, quirking a brow.

"Jonathan, let me drive," I whined before he smiled and leaned in to hug me.

"You are so cute," he said before undoing my seatbelt and pulling me out of the car in one swift motion. I hated that could carry me around so easily.

"You're relentless," I sighed, crossing my arms as he set me in the passenger seat.

"Sorry, Doll," he shrugged before closing me in and walking around to the other side. "Did you find my nunchucks?"

"No, but I found something else," I said, making his gaze snap over to mine.

"Third drawer?" he asked, quirking a brow at me.

"You said second," I smiled softly before he sighed and took off from the front of the hospital.

"Well, shit," he pursed his lips before I grabbed ahold of his hand, tracing shapes on the back before he squeezed and smiled at me.

"We should talk when we get home," I suggested, making him nod.

"Sure," he said before I turned to look back at Colby.

"Yeah, I'm just going to go to M&M's World. I really like those peanut butter ones," Colby grinned cheekily, making me laugh. "Tomorrow, anyways."

"Get me some peanut ones, Colb. Those are my favorites," I said, facing forwards again.

"I don't know if I like you that much," he said, slapping my arm softly. "But my mom probably would kill me if I wasn't obeying her favorite niece's orders,"

"Damn right," I smirked, peering at Jonathan who kept from laughing.

"You guys rock, y'know that?" he finally said, peering at Colby in the rear view mirror.

"I mean, yeah, but why?" he asked, making me laugh softly.

"You guys left your jobs and flew here for me. You're my best friends, honestly. I could even consider Colby... special to me," Jon said, watching Colby's reaction closely.

"Just say you love me, Dean. We all know you do," Colby said, leaning between our seats. "It's not weird to love your friends, Dean. I mean, I love you. You're my best friend,"

"You're special to me," Jon repeated, nodding his head. I looked to Colby and pulled him close to whisper to him.

"He doesn't love people. That's the closest you're going to get to love from him," I said, making him nod.