4

"Hey, so how's it going? You've been a little quiet lately. Where's my Nadia?" Chloe asked me while elbowing my side.

We were sitting at our usual lunch table and I was quietly sipping my water while everyone else was talking, "Just not feeling too great lately." She nodded and went back to talking to everyone.

It's been a week since the fight and everyone else has basically forgotten about it. I glanced over at Collins to see him staring at me already. I blushed and looked away convincing myself he was just looking at his sister.

"I'm going to go head to class early." I said to everyone and they gave me a weird look, "Since when do you go to calc early?" Steve joked and I rolled my eyes, "I still need to pass asshole." I lied and as I stood up I looked over and Collins was now joking around with Gavin and Brandon as if, again, the fight never happened.

I walked out of the cafeteria and strolled the halls waiting for the bell to ring. I heard moaning coming from the bathroom I was about to go into so I quickly made a U-turn and went upstairs, I walked around up there for a while until the bell finally rang and I walked into my calculus room.

I sat in my usual seat at the back and pulled out my homework and whatever work I've missed while skipping.

I handed in my work and the old hag nodded at me as if to say, 'at least you turned it in at all.'

:::

The rest of the day slowly trudged by and the second the dismissal bell rang I was out of the front doors and speeding home for the weekend.

I got home and made my way up to my room. I lived in a little two bedroom house with my mom. There was no tragic love story or drama, just my dad left when I was little and we are doing perfectly fine now. We have enough money and we eat good enough.

I dropped all my crap onto my bed and plugged in my phone. I started blasting my music and I changed out of my jeans and tank top into spandex shorts and a baggy hoodie.

I heard my phone go off signaling a text and I danced over to my phone seeing Chloe texting me to come over and hang out for the weekend.

I texted her I'd be there in about an hour and I emptied my school bag onto my bed. I started filling it with clothes and essential items like hygiene products, makeup, face masks, etc.

I eventually was done and I just stayed in my short shorts and hoodie. I texted my mom that I was going to stay at Chloe's all weekend and then I grabbed some snacks from our pantry, threw them in my bag, grabbed my keys, and finally left to go to Chloe's.

On my way there I stopped at McDonalds, grabbed two dinner boxes and finally got to her house.

I knocked on the door of her house and stood there for a few moments...why don't I have a key yet? I mean I basically live here anyway. I texted Chloe that I was there and she said she ran to the store for food and she'd be back soon but Collins was there and should let me in.

I then texted Collins and soon he came and opened the door and without even saying a word he left the door open and walked away, most likely to his room to go play video games. I closed and locked the door behind me and went to Chloe's room which was right across from Collins', I laid all my crap on her bed and turned on her TV.

I turned on Netflix and started watching The Kissing Booth.

:::

Chloe didn't come back for another hour and a half and in that window of time I ate a whole dinner box, Collins came and stole one after having to fight me for it but I let him have it after he let me have one burger and fry from it.

I saved that for Chloe and he went back to screaming at his game.

"I'm here bitch!" I hear Chloe scream from downstairs. I got up and paused the movie. I jogged downstairs and eventually found her in the kitchen.

Unlike my family, they lived in a huge five bedroom house and they had the picture perfect family; the blonde hair, blue eyed family that had the set of twins and two lawyer parents that were high school sweethearts.

Chloe was sitting at the island and I hopped up on the counter and sat by her. She was scrolling through Instagram and I just sat there looking at the posts too for a while, "So where are my adopted mom and dad?" I asked, "They're out for the weekend." Chloe said and as she said that Collins walked into the kitchen with just grey sweats on, "That sounds like a party to me." He says grabbing water from the fridge and I watched his back muscles flex as he opened it.

"I'm down," I said laying down on my back on the counter, I could really use a party right now to let out some stress. I mean drinking, dancing, make out sessions? Sign me up.

"People will be here around ten then." He said nodding and walking away.

"Let's get to inviting then." Chloe said getting up and walking to her room, I followed and we started furiously posting about it and texting the populars about it and soon half the school was going to be showing up to the house for a great party...I hope it will be great anyways.